What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got the A plate and used it tonight. What a wonderful shave. Even smoother than the B plate, but about the same closeness. Didn't quite do as well under the chin, but the shave was still DFS.

Glad I went down, my skin is so much happier with the lower plates. Now to get an AA plate. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got the A plate and used it tonight. What a wonderful shave. Even smoother than the B plate, but about the same closeness. Didn't quite do as well under the chin, but the shave was still DFS.

Glad I went down, my skin is so much happier with the lower plates. Now to get an AA plate. [emoji16]

Curious, why would you go down to the AA plate if the A plate was less efficient than the B?

Curious, why would you go down to the AA plate if the A plate was less efficient than the B?
For me, and it varies so much with different skin types...

The D is out of the question completely... too sensitive skin here.

The C can be uncomfortable, I imagine if I did more than 1 or 2 passes. Not an ATG shaver for my skin at all.

The B is smooth, but pushing the envelope with the ATG pass. If I try touch-ups after 3 passes, all B, it's slightly uncomfortable. Not horrible, but my face is definitely on notice.

The A is good, but I didn't get a perfect shave under the chin. I could have gone back for more touch-ups, but it would have (probably) been a more comfortable situation with the AA, I think... Where I should feel less from the blade.

My plan, and it could not work at all, is: B for WTG; A for XTG and ATG; and AA for a safe(r) touch-up.

Of course, that's why I'm looking to swap my D plate for the AA. I don't use the D at all... and that way no real loss if the AA doesn't do what I expected. [emoji846]

My order arrived! A, B, C plate. Excited for my shave tonight.
58345BE9-6CB4-47D5-A8D8-E3B8D668CDDE.jpeg

Has anyone had a chance to compare these two razors? I have the Tatara but would love to hear how the Karve stacks up against my razor. Thinking of holding out for the Karve in stainless, more so now an open comb is on the way.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the C plate.

I still want another week with the razor before a full review. I will say I am glad I did not order the D plate, as C was more than efficient/aggressive enough for me. Great BBS shave, with one small dot for a weeper, no irritation :).

It was not quite as smooth as plate 4 on my 6s, but equally efficient, which is a compliment. I was using a brand new Nacet, so I will need to see how it does now that it is smoothed out. Will also have to try my other blades.

I think B plate might end up being the daily though once I get the hang of it, It was very smooth and efficient.

Chris mentioned that the B n C plate pretty much covered the needs of most guys as daily drivers.
I can definitely see that.

Though to me, I'd add the A plate as a daily necessity for a 'gentle' cleanup (or for the sunburnt days? Lol.)

Basically I have A, B, and C and am feeling happy with my choices. Was looking for the AA plate, but I'm now leaning towards not needing it. [emoji846]

I can definitely see that.

Though to me, I'd add the A plate as a daily necessity for a 'gentle' cleanup (or for the sunburnt days? Lol.)

Basically I have A, B, and C and am feeling happy with my choices. Was looking for the AA plate, but I'm now leaning towards not needing it. [emoji846]

I can't say if its necesary or not but the karve is an instant classic and if I had the $ I'll get the full set of plates just to complete the set.

However, I'm more a user than a collector so I'll only get plates which I'll likely to use which is the B, C and C OC.

Chris is working on a bunch of stuff like the OC plates and his ss razors and those as razors really interest me.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I started with the B and C plate. Used B first shave, then went right to C for the duration. Got better shaves with same comfort. Recently got the D and E plates. Did one shave on the D so far. Same level of comfort during the shave. Marginally better results than C. A bit more sting with the splash. Haven’t tried E yet. It’ll be a while before I get there. Lots of killer new razors right now.

one shave on the D so far. Same level of comfort during the shave. Marginally better results than C.
Brad which blade you are using on C plate? I have medium tough beard and I shave before shower. Using Polsilver the C plate isn't really cutting for me. I got only the C plate and I am wondering maybe lesser blade width of Polsilver is the reason of a barely DFS on C plate.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Brad which blade you are using on C plate? I have medium tough beard and I shave before shower. Using Polsilver the C plate isn't really cutting for me. I got only the C plate and I am wondering maybe lesser blade width of Polsilver is the reason of a barely DFS on C plate.

Believe it or not, I used a SuperMax Diamond Edge on that last shave. I read on a thread here that they were incredible blades, so I ordered 100 from India. So far the shaves have been quite excellent. Usually use a Polsilver in my Karve without issue though.

I have both supermax platinum and diamond edge. I have to admit that diamond edge is improvement over platinum but haven't used either in my Karve but I know for sure they cannot dethrone Polsilver for whatever they are worth on C plate. About time I put Feathers in service and see if C plate gets any better.

Well the Karve has surpassed my expectations.

The razor is nice a weight and has incredible threading. I do prefer my razors to be head heavy, but I got use to the balance. The first few shaves were great, but not the magical shaving nirvana of smoothness I was expecting.

This is because the Karve works so well, at different angles that I can't feel the blade cutting, and was changing my angles. I decided to slow down my shaves and focus on the razor for a week.

Now every shave on plate B is perfection! The Karve is so rigid that I can shave ATG on my swirl patch, no visible irritation. It also gives me really clean looking true BBS, only achieved by my Rex, 6s on 4, and RFB NEW.

I can do as many touch up and passes as I want, with no consequences. In my rotation of 10 modern and vintage DEs, the Karve is fighting for top spot. B plate is perfect for every day shaving.

I am very happy with the fantastic shaves this razor gives. Can't wait for the open comb B plate.
20190119_151911.jpg

Top Bottom