• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tuesday shave

Cella Crema Da Barba shave cream (red)
Omega boar brush (10066)
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/C OC plate
Vi John Super Platinum razor blade (3)
Thayers Witch Hazel, rose petal

This was a modified three pass shave; the left side of the neck got only WTG and ATG. XTG has been irritating the skin in that area due to a strange whisker growth patterns.

The second use of the Omega brush was very good. No break-in, I just soaked it in warm water for about 7 or 8 minutes before use. It works great and doesn't smell weird.

The CB w/C OC plate produced an easy shave with no weepers, nicks, etc and no irritation. The Vi John blade completed this third shave with flying colors. The gamble of buying an unknown blade paid off this time!

Overall, a very satisfying shave with no drama.

10/10

Brass Karve with the D-OC plate & a Bic Chrome Platinum. Like taking candy from a baby.

392BB571-CF24-4F66-B136-DA9D64B4573E.jpeg

Shameful plug - I am selling a CB with 4 plates on BST. Check it out if you are interested. I love this razor but ended up getting it in Stainless so the rational side of me says 1 is enough and I do like the slighly lighter weight of SS... but the Brass looks better but requires a bit more careful maintenance to not have water spots. Yea - the OC-D is one of my fav plates. Plus I have a Brass Overlander. :)

A smooth and near carefree shave. The buttery smoothness of the Karve Copper E-OC gives the feeling of a docile feel on the skin but, on the whiskers it is taking no prisoners. And if one gets a little complacent, this pup still has some teeth to nip one without much warning. Regardless, this is an excellent shaver that melds smoothness with a mid-aggressive feel that brings top notch cutting efficiency with some of the best in wet shave land.

Great shaves to all…

2642CCE2-A65E-4F9E-B400-40CE2CB8418A.jpeg

Karve OC G in a mixed metal shave today. A fantastic close shave and smooth face but some irritation. I need to spend a week with the razor sometime and cycle some blades through it to see where the smoothness is. This Feather is on its fourth use so the blade could be to blame for some discomfort. It couldn't be the user! :adoration:
Image239965847398148960.jpg

Tuesday shave

Cella Crema Da Barba (red) shave cream
Omega 10049 Boar brush
Karve Christopher Bradley (brass) w/C OC plate
Vi-John Super Platinum (4)
Omega alum block
Thayers Witch Hazel, rose petal

This was a three pass shave, four pass if you count the touch ups and buffing. The Vi-John blade did a great job on shaves 1-3, but was pretty far gone for the fourth shave, so to the bin it goes.

9/10

Enjoy your shaves and have an outstanding day! :badger:

First shave with my new to me Overlander plated in 24K hardened gold! Fantastic first shave, I was feeling ambitious so I went ATG (which I don’t normally do) y’all are right, it is superb ATG! Looking forward to more shaves with this! Already after one shave I’m contemplating getting one in SS! The 24k gold is an absolute stunner though! Pictures do not do this razor justice!

Have a great day y’all! 😃🤙
B27404E8-F337-41A2-B2C7-71375CE44BB3.jpeg

Saturday shave

Cella Crema Da Barba shave cream
Omega 10049 Professional Boar brush
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/ C OC plate
PermaSharp razor blade (new)
Omega alum block
Thayers Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Formula, Rose Petal

This was a three pass shave. No weepers, nicks, cuts, irritation or drama.
Very close shave, nice and easy.
The PermaSharp blade was sharp and smooth, I'm so glad I just received 200 more of them!
The C Open Comb plate might be the sweet spot for this razor (for me); it's efficient without being threatening. And it really gets the job done!

10/10 Excellent!

Enjoy your shaves and have a great day! :badger:

Looking to buy my first Karve razor, pretty sure I'll got for the Overlander. I'm on the fence when it comes to material but I tend to like lighter razors. I prefer the Henson AL13 over the Ti22 but that might be specifically because of the head design.. The Rockwell 6S is another favorite of mine and that one is pretty hefty. Curious if you guys have any thoughts/suggestions?

Wednesday shave

Captain's Choice Eucalyptus shave soap (sample)
Omega 10066 Boar brush
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/ C OC plate
Gillette Nacet (3)
Omega alum block
Thayers Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Formula, Rose Petal

This was a three pass shave. The Nacet lost most of its sharpness, so the shave wasn't perfect, but it was adequate.
I got one tiny weeper that went away during one of the rinses.

9/10 Overall, a good shave.

Have a good day or night and enjoy your shaves! :thumbsup:

Looking to buy my first Karve razor, pretty sure I'll got for the Overlander. I'm on the fence when it comes to material but I tend to like lighter razors. I prefer the Henson AL13 over the Ti22 but that might be specifically because of the head design.. The Rockwell 6S is another favorite of mine and that one is pretty hefty. Curious if you guys have any thoughts/suggestions?
Go with Aluminum option on the Karve. They have some cool colors too.

Saturday shave

ARKO shave soap, puck
Omega 10049 Boar brush
Karve Overlander, brass
Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Omega alum block
Ice Blue Aqua Velva

This was the second shave with the Overlander. The first shave was pretty good. This shave was much better, probably could be attributed to a little thinner lather and maybe the steeper angle used.

This was a three pass shave with some minor buffing. One weeper that seems to appear often in the same place. It ceased operation during rinsing.

I am beginning to be favorably impressed with the Overlander. The hype might be justified after all.

Smooth, happy skin today! 10/10 BBS

Have an excellent day and better shaves! :badger:

Top Bottom