Monday shave

Maggard lather bowl (plastic fantastic)
Seaforth! Heather shave soap
Paladin brush re-knotted with TurnNshave Angel synthetic knot
Karve Christopher Bradley brass with F OC plate
Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Omega alum block
Seaforth! Heather aftershave toner

This was a three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG. After two superb shaves, the shave today was not as good... and it was my fault! I had left the razor loosened to allow it to dry, but forgot to tighten it up when I started my shave today. Now I know what a sloppy 2.5mm blade gap feels like. And cuts like. Got a small cut on my left cheek. It's surprising it wasn't a lot worse. Otherwise it was a great shave!

This shave gets a 9.25/10

Mine arrived today.

First Shave with "C" plate. Next shave with "D".
1664302930886.jpeg

And

Post Shave
1664302978717.jpeg

Karve Copper in the E OC plate. Very smooth yet very effective cutting that yielded a BBS finish in an efficient 2.5 pass shave. Paired it with a Gillette Minora blade that has been a pleasant surprise showing good sharpness and a smooth feel. In all actuality, the Karve has proven to be an excellent shaver with nearly every blade I’ve installed in it. A testament to the outstanding geometry of the razor and its superb stability/rigidity and how it supports the blade. One of the best in the business.

Great shaves to all….

ADF77F18-307D-428A-950D-6DAD72D61DBB.jpeg

Monday shave

Tabac Original shave soap
Simpson Trafalgar T3 synthetic brush
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/ F OC plate
Dorko Prime Platinum (new)
Thayers Witch Hazel rose petal

Yesterday's easy going Henson Aggressive razor was replaced with the Karve CB w/ F OC plate; quite a different experience! The known unknown today was the Dorko Prime Platinum blade. It will take a few shaves to figure these blades out. It's likely that the blade will settle down after this first shave... I hope. It seemed a little rough, but that's how it is with new blades sometimes.

This was a three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG. Mucho efficiency with the F OC plate. It's easy to overdo the shave with a razor like this, and I got a couple of tiny weepers that went away on their own.
Overall, a good shave.

9/10

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_4437.png

RAZOR: Karve CB brass 3” Gladius plate C Open Comb
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
LATHER: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shaving Soap
POST: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Aftershave Splash

Tuesday shave

Cella Crema Da Barba shave soap
Yaqi Timberwolf synthetic brush
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/F OC plate
Dorko Prime Platinum blade (2)
Thayer's Witch Hazel

This was a three pass shave. So far the Dorko Prime blade has been a disappointment. The two shaves so far have been very rough; too many weepers and some irritation. The same razor (Karve CB) worked well with an Astra Superior Platinum blade and Nacets, too. Maybe the Dorkos will work in mild razors...

Although the shave was okay, it wasn't pleasant. I attribute this to the Dorko Prime blade.

7/10

Wednesday shave

ARKO shave soap, puck
Cremo horse hair brush
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/E SB plate
Vi John razor blade (new)
Omega Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel

This was a three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG. The razor and blade combination worked very well. The Vi John blade is sharp and smooth.
With an aggressive razor like this, buffing wasn't required. No bloodshed, just a small amount of feedback from the alum block.

This shave rates 9.884/10!

Enjoy your shaves and have an excellent day! :badger:

Sunday shave

Cella Crema Da Barba shave cream
Omega 10066 Boar brush (new)
Karve Christopher Bradley brass w/D SB plate
Vi John Platinum razor blade (2)
Omega alum block
Thayers Witch Hazel, rose petal

I used a new boar brush today, IIRC, my first use of a boar brush. It worked very well, with no break-in or complicated ritual before use. The 10066 is a dinky little thing, but seems big enough to do the job. I'm ready for DecemBOAR!

This was a three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG. The Vi John blade provided a very close and smooth shave. Virtually unknown, Vi John blades are available from Italian Barber, and they're cheap!

10/10 BBS!

Karve Copper in the E OC plate. Very smooth yet very effective cutting that yielded a BBS finish in an efficient 2.5 pass shave. Paired it with a Gillette Minora blade that has been a pleasant surprise showing good sharpness and a smooth feel. In all actuality, the Karve has proven to be an excellent shaver with nearly every blade I’ve installed in it. A testament to the outstanding geometry of the razor and its superb stability/rigidity and how it supports the blade. One of the best in the business.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1539302

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1539302
❤️ Minora

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom