What's new

Karve customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hs anyone experienced terrible customer service from Chris? I bought b n c sb plates and just ordered the b oc and a holder.... he won’t asnswer my emails since I am not getting a good bbs. So frustrating.
Sometimes I wonder why Amazon should not take over the retail world. Best customer service ever.

He's a great guy, just very busy. A one man shop, basically. I think he has quite a bit of backlog and he's developing the new stainless steel version as well.

He crafted an amazing razor, and I'm sure he's just doing the best he can To keep up with the demand. Any time he spends answering emails or addressing customers concerns is time he's not fulfilling orders already placed. Obviously, some time needs to be spent answering peoples questions, but I'm just saying it's a balancing act.

Be patient and just ping him again if he doesn't respond in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It is indeed a terrible customer service. I ordered a Karve with C and D plates on November 2 2018 and it never arrived. I received an automatic email when placed the order and that was all. Total silence. No response on several emails. I am very dissapointed and strongly advice not buying from him.

M
It is indeed a terrible customer service. I ordered a Karve with C and D plates on November 2 2018 and it never arrived. I received an automatic email when placed the order and that was all. Total silence. No response on several emails. I am very dissapointed and strongly advice not buying from him.
i agree 100% if he can’t support his business. It’s not my problem that he is a one man shop. It’s BS.

Besides that, how do you want him to respond? I mean seriously, if the razor isn’t working for you, what do you think he can do to correct that? Do you want your money back on the used product?

I understand your frustration, I don’t know what you expect anyone else to do for you though. If you can’t find the right angle or if the razor doesn’t agree with you, eBay it. Sell it here or trade it. Try a Parker Variant - great adjustable. But they wouldn’t give you anything either if you didn’t like it.

You take your chances... I’ve taken many lol! Sigh.

I suspect his success is challenging him. I've ordered three times from Karve, and each time the shipment arrived a week after ordering. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but I've been very pleased with both the products and the service.

Guys, perhaps our friend was simply trying to reach out directly to Karve for tips and pointers on how to get the best possible shave. It’s something countless others do right here at B&B every day. It may or may not have been a silly question to ask, but who better to know than the razor’s maker? Busy or not, it’s poor practice to simply ignore a paying customer.

Guys, perhaps our friend was simply trying to reach out directly to Karve for tips and pointers on how to get the best possible shave. It’s something countless others do right here at B&B every day. It may or may not have been a silly question to ask, but who better to know than the razor’s maker? Busy or not, it’s poor practice to simply ignore a paying customer.
It's not necessarily a poor practice if you think about it a certain way. I'll bet he doesn't have just one question sitting in his mailbox . I'll bet he has more like 120. And if he takes two minutes to answer each one then we're looking at four hours of his time. And with the demand that I'm sure is upon him, I think that's a very feasible if not conservative, number. In cases like this, it's best practice not to actually answer customer's emails because it's just not feasible. As a vendor, you just have to hope that people understand.

Especially the kind of question that he
posed, which was one of a diagnostic nature that could have many different possibilities and permutations. That kind of question is really better handled at this point by a community such as this one , made up of many users who have/ use the product and can give different perspectives.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I bought stuff right from Chris without issue. However if you dont want to deal with it, you can buy your karve and plates from West Coast Shaving. I waited for a sale and got some plates at a discount and free shipping.

Really?! Is that what it is?
No one has ever guaranteed a BBS.
Grow up, people!
Hs anyone experienced terrible customer service from Chris? I bought b n c sb plates and just ordered the b oc and a holder.... he won’t asnswer my emails since I am not getting a good bbs. So frustrating.
Sometimes I wonder why Amazon should not take over the retail world. Best customer service ever.

I can understand if you are upset he isn't answering your emails, but how long has it been between sent emails and his lack of response?

I agree a vendor should respond to emails but if the issue is " he won't answer my emails since I am not getting a good bbs" I don't know what you want him to say. Nothing and no one can guarantee you a bbs, that is strictly up to you.

If you can't get a bbs with the razor then perhaps that razor doesn't work for you, sometimes that happens. Try different blades to see if that helps or just sell the razor, but you are placing the blame on the wrong person.

I hope you can resell it, they go pretty quickly on the BST.

Especially the kind of question that heposed, which was one of a diagnostic nature that could have many different possibilities and permutations. That kind of question is really better handled at this point by a community such as this one , made up of many users who have/ use the product and can give different perspectives.
Exactly!
This community has the full responsibility for creating and propagating the BBS bug so it should handle cases like this.

It's not vendor's job to get into this since it clearly is not a manufacturing defect or performance flaw.

Guys....let's all stop coming to quick conclusions and finding ways to pass the blame...All I wanted is the guy's expert opinion on what blade I should buy. I already bought 2 plates and just purchased another plate this week with a holder. I am not blaming anyone for a bad razor....actually I love the razor otherwise I wouldn't buy another plate few days ago. I am just frustrated with the customer service aspect of the process.....that's all.... have a great weekends ladies and gents....

Take it easy dude.....I just wanted his expert opinion if I should buy the B OC plate or the D plate....
Different plates are for different blade exposure, correct?
If so, is it not aggressive enough or too aggressive?I've never dealt with modular razors so I'm curious.

Guys....let's all stop coming to quick conclusions and finding ways to pass the blame...All I wanted is the guy's expert opinion on what blade I should buy. I already bought 2 plates and just purchased another plate this week with a holder. I am not blaming anyone for a bad razor....actually I love the razor otherwise I wouldn't buy another plate few days ago. I am just frustrated with the customer service aspect of the process.....that's all.... have a great weekends ladies and gents....
I think when a guy with 6 posts starts a vague rant about poor customer service, people aren’t jumping to conclusions, they are working with what you gave them.

I hope the razor works out for you. I started with a e. Found it uncomfortable. Went for the c, found that not efficient enough. I ordered the F open comb on a prayer and it looks like it might actually work out! And to think I was about to sell the thing!

Welcome to the forum.

Different plates are for different blade exposure, correct?
If so, is it not aggressive enough or too aggressive?I've never dealt with modular razors so I'm curious.
Yes, different plates for different gaps or blade exposure.

In addition to that, you can now get an open com plate which has a little bit less face feel from the head and a little more Blade feel.

open combs are going to be a little bit more aggressive or provide more Blade feel than their exact solid bar counterparts. I fell in love with my a plate open comb the very first time I used it about a week ago. It's not very aggressive at all, but it cuts very well and has a very natural shaving feel that is very smooth while also feeling like a shave .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom