What's new

Karve CB which plate to choose?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and explanations really appreciated it👍

SB D would be my choice (would?) dropped karve a mail and I just have to put it on hold for now I just can't justify the extra unrealistic import tax on top of the already $20 shipping cost to Europe which means $150 in total for basically an $80 razor....🤔

If you have other handles, you can always use them and then buy a bronze one or the original Karve or from Tibam on ebay, always at a lower cost at the beginning.

If you have other handles, you can always use them and then buy a bronze one or the original Karve or from Tibam on ebay, always at a lower cost at the beginning.
I would like the full brass razor, however a top cap + D plate is an option as well, it might be a nice fit on my 85mm Ikon handle

Remember, never give up on something you like, always go to the goal, even piece by piece, until you achieve the desired goal, and especially what you want, when you match it to yourself, you will have a happy smile for years. Good luck with Karve, I assure you will not be disappointed with this brand whether it be with a normal beanie or a rockwell s beanie

I would like the full brass razor, however a top cap + D plate is an option as well, it might be a nice fit on my 85mm Ikon handle
You might want to assure that the thread size of the Karve head (10-32) and the thread size of the handle do match.

and I just have to put it on hold for now I just can't justify the extra unrealistic import tax on top of the already $20 shipping cost to Europe which means $150 in total for basically an $80 razor....🤔
keep an eye on the BST.
Karve razors, and even individual plates, come up for sale fairly often

Maybe I missed it but what’s the reason for using the Rockwell top cap instead of the Karve?
I changed to a larger shaving angle on the cap, increased aggressiveness / efficiency / and I obtained better gentleness which does not cause irritation, with karve G i have BBS
Each of us is looking for the perfect razor, who have a big problem with skin irritation and hard stubble, I recommend this combination, a karve plate and a rockwell S cap, it is not a big cost, but what a pleasure it gets rid of irritation

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don't think I can help you but I'll throw my observations your way.

I'm a daily shaver and have little experience with several days growth.

My beard is not what I think of as heavy. I'd call it average, but I have tough old man whiskers, a very difficult soul patch, and somewhat sensitive skin.

I've used several of the razors you mention.

I have some of the Karve plates and will comment on them.
  1. OC A...in my opinion this is an okay plate, but I wouldn't recommend it to you. The blade exposure is negative. The shave is still pretty good, but it might encourage the shaver to use pressure. The OC B is a lot better, just as smooth, or more smooth, and a lot more effective.
  2. OC B...this one's surprisingly efficient considering that it's very smooth and mild feeling.
  3. SB D...considered a Karve sweet spot by many for good reason. Smooth feeling. Quite effective.
  4. OC F...not as great as the SB G, but still very good.
  5. SB G...amazingly smooth considering how efficient it is.
If I had to keep just one of my Karve baseplates I'd flip a coin between the F and the G, then keep one of those two + I'd keep the B and the D.

Why buy just one?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom