What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a Karve and prefer the original design. I've been using it for about a month and a half and haven't had a single issue with the blade tabs sticking out. As mentioned it also makes it much easier to remove a blade when the edges are sticking out.

I took a Lupo apart after shaving this morning. The blade really gets crushed into the cap and it's a two handed task to pry the blade off the cap. Not so with the original Karve.

As of Thursday, I now have both. I like them both, but I am leaning towards the wide body cap. And I don't think the look changed that much, just tabs covered up. And while I have not drawn blood on my earlobes, I have never like the sensation of the blade tab, in any razor, coming in contact with a lobe! I purposefully "hit" my ear lobe with the wide body, and it felt like a normal bump, not a sharpish feeling at all. Probably just me, but my 2 cents.

Speaking of Karve...if anyone has a B plate they wouldn't mind lending me to try please let me know. I have the C plate but would really like to try the B for everyday use.

This is one question to which the answer for me is "both!". I like the aesthetics of the original, but in general I prefer razors with topcaps that cover the blade tabs, like Charcoal Goods (barely) and GameChanger. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the widebody. But now that I've ordered it, I'll have both (when it arrives, that is).

I just received the CB with the regular cap. I would be indifferent to caps, especially given after just two trials Im getting ready to ordain this brass piece of art my best shaver ever.

It may actually be better than my Rockwell 6S, and that is quite saying something.

The original looks best.

And from my experience with the Karve (I have the bass, the stainless steel and the aluminium), no problem with nicks or cuts due to the blade ends.

I have the original in brass and ss. I was planning to get the widebody but then thought: why? The original works just fine and I have never had a problem with it.

Out of curiosity does anyone here have a brass B baseplate I could borrow to try? I have the C plate but would really like to try the B.

I ordered a CB from Karve 2 weeks ago (it will be 3 tomorrow) and it still has not shipped. FYI
I'm not too concerned, I know to expect a backlog and I have a .53 Mamba that should arrive next week to occupy my time along with my .68 Gamechanger that has been my primary razor. At least when it ships it'll get to me fast, probably 2-3 business days as I'm only a 7 hour drive from Edmonton.

Out of curiosity does anyone here have a brass B baseplate I could borrow to try? I have the C plate but would really like to try the B.

Dude, Karve sells brass plates for 21 usd. With all the cost and hassle of shipping a “borrowed” plate back and forth, just order a B plate from Karve and be done with it. They’re in stock. If for some reason you don’t like it (you probably will) you can just sell it on the BST. We’re not talking a lot of money here.

Speaking of Karve...if anyone has a B plate they wouldn't mind lending me to try please let me know. I have the C plate but would really like to try the B for everyday use.

As I said in the Karve Diem thread....Karve sells brass plates for 21 usd. With all the cost and hassle of shipping a “borrowed” plate back and forth, just order a B plate from Karve and be done with it. They’re in stock. If for some reason you don’t like it (you probably will) you can just sell it on the BST. We’re not talking a lot of money here.

Hello,

I just used the wide body cap with my G SB plate. It was a head, face shave. I believe it’s a nice option for head shavers.

I’ve gotten nasty nicks, mostly behind the ear or ear lobe. This cap makes it easier when shaving a blind spot like behind the ear.

The cost was reasonable, had it in less than 2 weeks even with all the chaos going on.

I wish Karve would offer a different handle option with a more defined knurl for grip purposes. Other than that I love Karve’s products.

This razor is in my top 5 favorites. Again YMMV.

Cheers
John

Top Bottom