Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm so ignorant, I don't even know why they bother with the washer. Who else does that? Why is it necessary to prevent metal to metal contact prior to the razor reaching my house?

I'm so ignorant, I don't even know why they bother with the washer. Who else does that? Why is it necessary to prevent metal to metal contact prior to the razor reaching my house?
I've heard the USPS and UPS employ trained gorillas in their shipping facilities. I once received a package that looked like it had been run over by a mail truck. The postman just delivered it as though it was nothing out of the ordinary. Karve probably took a few some losses due to shipping damage, so the washer was added as cheap insurance.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've heard the USPS and UPS employ trained gorillas in their shipping facilities. I once received a package that looked like it had been run over by a mail truck. The postman just delivered it as though it was nothing out of the ordinary. Karve probably took a few some losses due to shipping damage, so the washer was added as cheap insurance.
Personally, I would not ship them assembled. Put the handle and the top cap and base plate in the foam and there is nothing the gorilla's could do to them. Whenever I sell one and ship, if it's a 3 piece, I always disassemble.

Use a white washer. The black ones are very dangerous. 😎
Enjoy the Karve. Fantastic razor. I started with a c plate and now I'm enjoying the f plate. I've never used a washer to prevent the handle from scratching the bottom of the baseplate, but I also just received a new razor that I'm not sure I'll keep, so have left the washer in that it shipped with.

I use washers in my Karve and other razors (Wolfman too). I don't think it matters at all, using them or not. I just like keeping the base plate as clean and pristine as possible. That's the only reason to use them as far as I know. If you don't care or think it will matter (odds are, it won't matter), toss that washer (into the box) and shave away!

Take home message: Karve is good, use it w or w/o washer, as you wish or toss a coin, but most important: enjoy the razor and shaves.....

Theoretically, one could unknowingly crack the washer if one were to overtorque the head, thus creating the possiblility of the head loosening up enough to cause a nasty cut???? Maybe???????

I throw the washer into the trash. It's one more unnecessary thing I don't need for my daily shave.

Theoretically, one could unknowingly crack the washer if one were to overtorque the head, thus creating the possiblility of the head loosening up enough to cause a nasty cut???? Maybe???????

I throw the washer into the trash. It's one more unnecessary thing I don't need for my daily shave.
Agree. If it were necessary to achieve the performance claimed by the manufacturer wouldn't you be instructed to keep it and use it? IMO it's there to minimize nuisance calls to CS for things like: "Hey the handle rubbed up a scuff mark on the base plate when you shipped it. I want a new razor.":biggrin1:

I tossed the washer...Put some anti seize on the thread...Don't need to be messing around with a Tiny washer first thing in the morning!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
After using the washer for a while, I feel troublesome with it added steps of disassembly and may fall into the drain hole.

Now I put a sticker under all my plates, it just looks like invisible, no added steps of disassembly; it's thin and strong so don't worry about reducing thread engagement.

22003219708879_582.jpg

d4b18aa1733638fd7d5791fc76720c7a.jpg

resize.jpg

I used locktite, I should be ok, right? LOL
[/QUOTE]
I am Sorry you think Lubricating threads is Funny....If I disassemble something with Threads it will Always get Lubed no matter how large or small.

Top Bottom