What's new

Каро (Karo) Bulgarian shave cream review

Dear fellow shavers,

I figured that I would make a review of Каро (which is pronounced in english as Karo) shaving cream since it is available for affordable prices online and not that many people have reviewed it in the past.

Каро is from Bulgaria, and has a few different options, but for this review I got the "Classic" version. It comes in a 100mL plastic tube, nothing fancy, just functional.

The cream itself is white, and pretty soft, a bit softer than toothpaste. The scent is really pleasant, though really really faint. So faint in fact that I become anosmic to it before I'm able to even identify what it actually smells like, though it does smell almost sweet. A very nice scent regardless.

The cream lathers up super easily, and it was very very easy to get the right amount of water worked into it. The lather was nice and creamy and VERY slick. The cushion was so-so, but with how slick it was, I still got a very decent shave out of it. The post shave was fine, nothing special, but not drying either. For the price it can be had at, it performs quite well.

So here's the summary of Каро classic:

Pros- VERY slick, nice scent, overall good performance for the price
Cons- Scent could be stronger (though this is definitely a personal thing), I would also prefer it to be in a metal tube
Neutral- Cushion was so-so, post shave was nothing to write home about, but also not bad

Overall, it's a very decent cream that can be had at a good price, and definitely is worth it if like me, you want to expand your collection of international shave products. If you can find a good deal on it, I'd fully endorse trying it out to see how it works for you!

Feel free to let me know what you think of it if you've tried it before. :D

I agree with your review all the way from A-Z. The Karo Classic is a terrific cream. I tried the Fresh version as well but other than the lather also being excellent I found this one to be very poor in the skincare department. Menthol is listed as an ingredient but it’s so minimal that you can hardly feel it.

Rick

I agree with your review all the way from A-Z. The Karo Classic is a terrific cream. I tried the Fresh version as well but other than the lather also being excellent I found this one to be very poor in the skincare department. Menthol is listed as an ingredient but it’s so minimal that you can hardly feel it.

Rick

You're not the first person I've heard that from, that's the main reason I decided to go with the Classic version. Very good cream, especially for the price.

I like all 3 types, and I use most Sensitive version, because I have psoriasis, and the cream has almost no scent.

I know! :)

I understand Bulgarian well if it’s spoken slowly and because it uses the Cyrillic alphabet like Russian I can read it with no trouble!

Rick
lucky guy !!....... 15 years ago Russia had loads of fine shaving creams, Bulgarian production has reduced Russia's output at least by 50% ....

I know! :)

I understand Bulgarian well if it’s spoken slowly and because it uses the Cyrillic alphabet like Russian I can read it with no trouble!

Rick

Тогава не виждам проблем да пиша и на български :001_tongu

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Dear fellow shavers,

I figured that I would make a review of Каро (which is pronounced in english as Karo) shaving cream since it is available for affordable prices online and not that many people have reviewed it in the past.

Каро is from Bulgaria, and has a few different options, but for this review I got the "Classic" version. It comes in a 100mL plastic tube, nothing fancy, just functional.

The cream itself is white, and pretty soft, a bit softer than toothpaste. The scent is really pleasant, though really really faint. So faint in fact that I become anosmic to it before I'm able to even identify what it actually smells like, though it does smell almost sweet. A very nice scent regardless.

The cream lathers up super easily, and it was very very easy to get the right amount of water worked into it. The lather was nice and creamy and VERY slick. The cushion was so-so, but with how slick it was, I still got a very decent shave out of it. The post shave was fine, nothing special, but not drying either. For the price it can be had at, it performs quite well.

So here's the summary of Каро classic:

Pros- VERY slick, nice scent, overall good performance for the price
Cons- Scent could be stronger (though this is definitely a personal thing), I would also prefer it to be in a metal tube
Neutral- Cushion was so-so, post shave was nothing to write home about, but also not bad

Overall, it's a very decent cream that can be had at a good price, and definitely is worth it if like me, you want to expand your collection of international shave products. If you can find a good deal on it, I'd fully endorse trying it out to see how it works for you!

Feel free to let me know what you think of it if you've tried it before. :D
Kapo came today. Tomorrow the test. Really like the scent.

Top Bottom