What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Karl Engels Emir DE razor set

Jake

Contributor
I had posted some images of my Emir razors about 7.5 years ago here and when a friend asked me how they held up over more time -- this Emir is at least 80 years old -- I thought I'd do a new set of photos. So here is this classy and unusual Emir set, still as strikingly beautiful (ATMO) as originally.

You've noticed how the head has a mild and aggressive side to it. And the hand-painted red border of the "E" -- very nicely done -- and not washed off -- yet. Please post your Emirs here to show these classy shavers from the far distant past.

Northstonehill

Contributor
Man, Jake, this is one gorgeous set :001_wub: I am truly smitten with that baseplate and guard setup, dual comb with a Liebel style angled ‘ditch’ to collect the lather (don’t know how to describe in English). And the handle style is equally to die for. As I recall your description you also stated it was a great shaver?

Thanks so much for sharing!

I actually myself only yesterday took delivery of a similar Emir, in fine condition but with a much more ordinary open comb OT style baseplate. Still nice looking ... but a poor shaver, alas...

7C6EAA63-255B-4A1D-83FC-1852883DFE9B.jpeg

Very nice set Jake, the top one. The little one is funny, like other ladies razors apparently intended to do away with a monobrow whilst in a restaurant.
Similar handle type was also used by Punktal, except they had less decoration.
Here's an Emir/Karl Engels slant with a variation on the generic Solingen differential slant-head:
DSC03680.JPG
DSC03683.JPG

I also had a regular razor that on the second-best German forum was identified as probably Karl Engels. Differential head but very angular:
DSC06498.JPG DSC06500.JPG DSC06503.JPG

KeenDogg

Social Media Guru
Contributor
Ambassador
Man, Jake, this is one gorgeous set :001_wub: I am truly smitten with that baseplate and guard setup, dual comb with a Liebel style angled ‘ditch’ to collect the lather (don’t know how to describe in English). And the handle style is equally to die for. As I recall your description you also stated it was a great shaver?

Thanks so much for sharing!

I actually myself only yesterday took delivery of a similar Emir, in fine condition but with a much more ordinary open comb OT style baseplate. Still nice looking ... but a poor shaver, alas...

View attachment 1228845
Peter, you should never have to shave with such a poor razor. I will PM you my address and I will gladly dispose of it for you!😅

Punktal also had a dual comb with a very, very similar head shape, if I recall correctly. The iKon Shavecraft 101 is an homage to the Punktal; but the Shavecraft 101 head also looks extremely similar to the Emir you posted.

I LOVE the Shavecraft 101; it is one of the smoothest, most comfortable shaving razors I've ever tried. I wonder if the Emir is similarly buttery smooth?

Top Bottom