What's new

Kapton

I'm using it for the first time and it's my habit not to complete a hone in one day/session. Is there any reason to remove the tape if I'm using it again the next time the blade touches the stone? I can think of a few reasons why NOT to remove it, I'm just checking there's nothing this newcomer doesn't know about Kapton tape and the potential detriment of leaving it's adhesive on carbon steel for perhaps 4 days or more.

Thanks, all!!

I rarely use tape. I did today for the first time in years and I replaced the tape after I spent time on the 2K at bevel set. I also swapped the tape out after Botan.

After that, I left it on through Koma and will do the same for the finisher and on water. But, since I don't use it often, I will defer to others more knowledgeable. Kapton 1 mil that I used today stood up just fine on the JNAT.

On the synthetic, it did show signs of wear so I replaced it.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Always remove the tape and dry the blade when you’re done for the session. Kapton is rigid and can have wrinkles and a ‘cavity’ at the end if the tape extends beyond the end of the razor, even just a little, that can hold water. Don’t ask me how I know this ….

Top Bottom