What's new

Kansas City Meet-Up: Oct 13, 2018

This is the first Meet Up of KC Traditional Wet Shavers in 2018!

Details will be updated as they are confirmed. Planned so far:

Meet & Greet
Lunch Provided (Asking $10 per person to cover food)
Demonstrations as requested (Lathering, Shaving, SR Shaving & Honing, etc.)
Door Prizes & a Free Raffle (seeking interested Vendors)
Possibly an Event Soap, if there's interest.

Please PM or email me to RSVP - thevez42 @ gmail.com

Gents,

Unfortunately, due to an act of nature, we are having to postpone our meetup. The building we were going to use has succumbed to age and heavy rainfall, and has partially collapsed (the opposite side from the gallery). It has been closed off by the city until the rest of the building can be certified safe. No idea how long this will take.

We lacked sufficient time to find a suitable replacement venue, so we will reschedule this at our earliest ability. We are looking for a new venue to use, and any help in this manner would be appreciated. Please PM me if you have any ideas.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

KJ, I have driven past that building! Wow. We had about four inches of rain in Lawrennce over a three day period last week and everthing is still soggy but not flooded. Thank goodness it all came down as showers and not downpours. It looks like the building had a flat roof and water built up on it. It has been dry as a bone this year around here most of the summer and I bet there were cracks in that roof and whatever material was under it sucked the water right up. On the other hand, I was not going to make the meet-up and maybe this will give me the chance to attend a new one.

PS: It should have been said first but I certainly hope no one was hurt in that collapse. Sorry for the social faux pas. It looks like there was a pretty nice solar array installed there too. There is never a good time or way for this sort of thing to happen.

Last edited:
Wow. I was just watching Fox4 out of K.C. and they said another roof partially collapsed either at Border Brewing Co or right close to it. I believe it is just across or down the street from that art house district gallery in your photos. Freaky.

That's on the same side of the street, & one block west of the gallery. Lots of old buildings in that area. I hope there are no injuries in this latest collapse.

Top Bottom