What's new

Kansas City get together

I received my PM, I'll have to play it by ear since grad school rules my life right now and I have a planned vacation at the end of June. Looking forward to meeting everyone if I can make it!

I also received my PM and am still enthusiastic about a KC gathering. I just graduated from law school and will be taking the Missouri bar exam on July 30 and 31, so early August would be the best time for me. That being said, I am moving from Lawrence to KC in early June and taking my bar prep course on the UMKC campus, so I will be around the area all summer and would attend the gathering just about any time. I have some event planning experience and would be willing to help as much as I can, with the caveat that my free time will be limited by my bar studying.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I also received my PM and am still enthusiastic about a KC gathering. I just graduated from law school and will be taking the Missouri bar exam on July 30 and 31, so early August would be the best time for me. That being said, I am moving from Lawrence to KC in early June and taking my bar prep course on the UMKC campus, so I will be around the area all summer and would attend the gathering just about any time. I have some event planning experience and would be willing to help as much as I can, with the caveat that my free time will be limited by my bar studying.

Thanks for the post and for the offer! Let's meet for coffee. I'll follow-up with you via PM.

Im pretty flexible on weekends, save a few dates. July would be best, though. You've seen my gear, and I havent gotten anything new--- been out of it! As for food, well now your talking!!! I'll contribute for burghers or brats!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Im pretty flexible on weekends, save a few dates. July would be best, though. You've seen my gear, and I havent gotten anything new--- been out of it! As for food, well now your talking!!! I'll contribute for burghers or brats!

How about early August? I think that might work better for Wendy and a member from Lawrence.

We need to start brainstorming activities.

For one, I will demonstrate my après-rasage, 2-minute full-face immersion in a bowl of Florida Water-laced ice-water, along with one-on-one instructions for anyone interested in mastering the practice.

Other possibilities include soap-destruction trials. I'd be willing to supply the soap, within reason.

Some activities might be good candidates for video-recording for posting on B&B. We will, of course, keep faces and other personally identifying features, as well as real names, off the boards unless permission is granted to do otherwise.

BTW, The Pooney would be pleased to stand in photo-shoots with any other brushes that attend.

Other ideas? Come on. Let's get this rolling. :badger:

the first weeekend in august is a no go for me as i am ina good friends wedding that weekend. however, the 10th and on works well. i havent made my schedule for my primary job yet, so i can always save time in my schedule. i think that shooting for early afternoon into the evening would be the best, as weekends are not for waking up early. not sure what that first thing you mentioned is, but it sounds interesting. maybe going out as a group to diebls, or one of the other places close to your house would be good. also i think that there is a place called pin stripes near your house too that might be worth checking out. maybe a small pool tournament could be in order? off the top of my head, thats about all i can think of....will post if anything else comes to mind

So after some discussion, it looks like the possible dates are either august 17th or the 24th. Does anyone have a preference?

Wish I could join you guys, but I work night and weekends due to grad school. Maybe in a year I'll be free :001_unsur

Folks, I'm writing an article in The KC Star about wet shaving and specifically shaving with safety razors. I'm assuming you're all "shaving enthusiasts," if you are planning a kc meetup. If that's right, I really would like to speak with some of you. (Doesn't have to be on the record, but names always add credibility to an article.) You can reach me through my email which is linked to this forum, or send to [email protected] to arrange a phone call. I recently started shaving with a DE myself and am fascinated with the whole subculture, movement or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
I'm in for the 24th. The 17th I'll probably be moving my son back to college. I live in KC North, but OP is not a problem. 1/2 a gallon of Smokehouse beans on the way.

Thanks Ken!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Short notice, but Mike Hendricks of the KC Star is coming over tonight at 7:00 to talk about traditional wet-shaving, the community, etc. If anyone out there would be interested in joining us, send a PM. I'm in OP south of 127th. I can't host a large gathering tonight (and don't expect that kind of response anyhow), but it would be nice if one or two others could participate and contribute broader perspective than my own.

Short notice, but Mike Hendricks of the KC Star is coming over tonight at 7:00 to talk about traditional wet-shaving, the community, etc. If anyone out there would be interested in joining us, send a PM. I'm in OP south of 127th. I can't host a large gathering tonight (and don't expect that kind of response anyhow), but it would be nice if one or two others could participate and contribute broader perspective than my own.

I wish I could, but I have a previous commitment.

South of 127th? Doesn't that make it just north of Oklahoma?

Im in Olathe and interested in get together meet .Have a lot on my plate right now. But also willing to go extra mile to meet fellow Badgers..
Keep us posted

Top Bottom