What's new

Kanon Agarwood

Now I've told myself and my wife that I wouldn't be buying anything shaving, fragrance or pen related (for a little while anyway. But, while at our local Winners store, I came across Kanon Agarwood.

It opens quite spicy and has that synthetic oud scent that for whatever reason, works very well in this one.
Over time it gains some sweetness and even might smell a little like a perfume.

I am a fan of Kanon Norwegian Wood and now of Agarwood.
This is proof to me that great fragrances don't have to cost an arm and a leg.
I picked this bottle up for $10.
Well worth the money. Don't be afraid of Kanon. They make some great stuff.

Norwegian Wood would be a nice addition to a fragrance wardrobe at $30 to $35 for a 100ml bottle and maybe more if you compare it to the price of Tam Dao and are looking for a cedar/sandalwood type scent. But I keep seeing it for $6.99 at Marshall's, TJ Maxx or Ross stores. If the Agarwood is as relatively good as Norwegian Wood, then it should be pretty good, and sounds good from your description, Marc. Congrats on the find!

I haven't found too many reviews or other chatter about it.
It must be new to the market.

Just picked up a bottle of Kanon Agarwood at Marshalls ($6.99 for 3.3 oz.). I think I like this even better than the Kanon Norwegian Wood, which can be a bit overpowering at times. It's quite pleasant without being "in your face." I put it on about 30 minutes ago, so not sure how it's going to hold up, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be in my regular rotation.

They have both of the Kanon fragrances at my local TJ Max for $6.99! I'm going to have to go grab each one this weekend.....

I have three kanons:
the original kanon, which is just ok, kinda dated I think...
kanon norwegian wood, which is a great sweet mellow woody scent that I really like...
I bought Kanon agarwood hoping it'd be as good...but I really dislike it. too sweet and synthetic, smells like air freshener or something. It's now in my pile of bottles to trade/sell. I'm disappointed since i was really hoping it would be a decent oudish scent for cheap!

Top Bottom