What's new

Kampfe Star "K in D" marking

R

romsitsa

Hello, is this marking, in the center of the frame, similar to Gillettes G in D (silver/gold plated object exported to France)?

Kampfe_KD.jpg

Thanks

Adam

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hello, is this marking, in the center of the frame, similar to Gillettes G in D (silver/gold plated object exported to France)?

View attachment 1072392

Thanks

Adam
Great question. I'm going to tag @riverrun on this one, he has done A LOT of work compiling information on many SE razors and patents, and I believe the Kampfe Bros lather catchers are a particular focus of his. What I can say, and hopefully Andreas will confirm, is that Kampfe Bros only made one silver (or perhaps it was silver plated) razor, and it wasn't this model. As for the exporting, I'm sure it happened; but it also seems that MANY (perhaps as many as Gillette had) cloned lather catchers seem to "borrow" the design; so I'm not sure how much exporting took place.

I have this model razor and half dozen or more of the other Kampfe Bros model lather catchers, but my academic knowledge of them is lacking, so I'm hoping to see some other folks will weigh in here.

Top Bottom