What's new

Kai captain or Feather Artist club DX

it seems that the head is quite the same between those 2 "shavettes" but the DX is like two times more expensive than the Kai.
Do they shave the same or do you feel any difference between the two ?
Is the Feather worth it ?
thanks in advance :)
Get the Feather AC SS instead of a DX. It's half the price, better quality than Kai IMHO.

thanks ! I thought Feather SS and Kai were equal in terms of quality

The Captain Standard has a different head profile from the SS. A more comparable razor in the Kai range would be the Captain Wood aka "Woody", which shares the head with the now discontinued Luffy.

The Luffy/Wood have a lip like the SS, unlike the Captain Standard which resembles more a wedge straight.

The intended function of the lip is to help stretch the skin, which should make the shave gentler and easier.

Additionally, the SS has wavy jimps that many find are less effective than the conventional serration found on the Captain Standard, or even the alternative found on the Luffy head (still grippy but not as much as the Standard IMO)

Any decision between the lipped razors and the conventional ones, is best based on the actual shaving mechanics and ergonomics, while other considerations should take a backseat.

I continue my journey into the shavettes world.

I finally bought the Sedef shavette (actually Ali Biyikli but the product is the same). I bought it as razorus.com (a turkish website with low prices and a great customer; they also sale vintage straight razors)

This stuff is killer ! I have to say it’s tricky to insert the blade, but the shavette accepts DE blades as well as Artist club blades. It’s finicky to insert the AC blade and you have to align it by yourself but what a pleasure to use !

The head is very thin, which makes it very manoeuvrable and precise during the shave. To me, it is much better than the Parker, Blue revenge etc

Here are some pictures :)

1.jpg

the Sedef and the Feather AC clone

2.jpg

you can see the thinness of the head !

3.jpg

one Sedef shavette with standard DE blade and the other with AC blade

Top Bottom