What's new

Kaenon Sunglasses

Anyone own a pair? How do they compare to Maui Jim, Oakley, and Costa Del Mar in terms of lens clarity and overall quality.

Sorry also if everyone has seen many sunglass posts by me. I have been researching and trying sunglasses for 3 months and I am still undecided :frown:

They look sharp. I've got a pair of Maui Jim Ka'anapali with the ti frames and they are the bomb. I've got a big melon and they fit like a glove. :biggrin:

I love my Maui Jims also. I had the opportunity to try the Kaenon Arlon on and the Maui Jims Stingray. I liked both of the styles and they were both very clear. The Maui's were a bit darker.

I guess a selling point for the Kaenon glasses is they are as clear as glass but are shatter/impact resistant such as polycarbonate.

Price is comparable to Maui Jim so I do not know if I should go with Maui Jim or Kaenon.

Kaenon is a newer company so I am a bit hesitant. Also I think it is odd that EVERY sunglass store that I have visited recently stated that Kaenon has the clearest lens (even over Oakly, Revo, Maui Jim, Costa Del Mar 580 lens). Why such the big push for a new/small company?? Hopefully they are just that good instead of some $ they are getting maybe to push this brand.

I've got some Oaks as well. SWMBO has Revo. I think when you get to that point of quality, the human eye probably can't detect the differences. Comes down to personal taste I guess. The hingeless Maui's work better than anything I've found for my melon head. (7 5/8 hat size) :biggrin:

I've got some Oaks as well. SWMBO has Revo. I think when you get to that point of quality, the human eye probably can't detect the differences. Comes down to personal taste I guess. The hingeless Maui's work better than anything I've found for my melon head. (7 5/8 hat size) :biggrin:

I think you are right. When using Maui Jim, Oakley, Revo, Kaenon, etc it is very hard to tell the difference in clarity. So personal taste is what it comes down to.

Top Bottom