What's new

Justifying a purchased vintage Razor just for parts ?

@Twelvefret , lol. Why yes! Yes it is a GEM! Thanks Twelve.
I am very reluctant to use THAT Micromatic and I've put it aside for now.
Since I purchased this NOS Micromatic, I have subsequently found & purchased THREE other Micromatics!
One is a Silver color (Nickel ?) plated Razor which (while still "straight") has seen a lot of use no doubt.
I also found a "Bullet Tip/Flying Wing" Micromatic Razor in very good condition. I like the feel/weight of this Razor
although I have not yet shaved with this one either. The forth Micromatic I found was in straight condition however,
VERY neglected. I spent hours/days cleaning/restoring this one and now, it looks GREAT! Man, it took HOT Water and Dawn baths, Water Pik, Oil soak, Toothbrush, Vinegar soak, Flitz polish, repeat several times. This (borrowed) photograph is pretty much what my Razor looked like before and after. In fact, mine looked a bit worse than the before photo and about as nice as the "after" photo :
proxy.php

Now, I do plan to try THIS (Brass ?) Micromatic Razor soon. Today however, I shaved for the FIRST TIME EVER using a "Single Edge" Razor! I finally used one of my earliest Razor finds, an EVER-READY 1912. I LOVED it!
EXCEPT the part where I was shaving my Head using this Razor and, well, I became waaaaay too.......casual/sloppy and I sliced myself a good size cut into the backside of my Head (over an inch)! Ugggh. Ah, screw it! Sure, it made a bit of a mess but, I patched it up and I'm sure it will heal quickly. Mind you, this CUT was MY fault and NOT the Razor's fault. Again, I LOVED the 1912 Ever-Ready (although I wish the handle was just a bit longer). I had already made SEVERAL passes along my Head when this cut happened (also, it doesn't help that I can't shave and wear my Eye glasses at the same time). At any rate, after cutting myself and I finish shaving, I hopped back into a hot shower, washed my Scalp and face good using Peppermint liquid Soap and rinse. After shower, I used Witch Hazel, Styptic pen, Clubman Aftershave, Coconut Oil, Powder, etc. etc. Now, I'm BEAUTIFUL again!
So, let that be a lesson to all you new Head Shaving Guys! lol. Go slow and pay ATTENTION! Ugggh.

Speaking of paying attention, ugggh, my Razor looks like this one :

proxy.php

The one with the TWO bumps on each side of the base and open comb.
SixCats!

Last edited:
Top Bottom