What's new

Justified

First off, the show is great. From the writing to the actors to the production, the show is top shelf. This season they have really showcased the flavor of Harlan county by displaying locally produced bourbons. The locals tipple Wild Turkey and "Elmer T", while the guys in the white hats celebrate with Pappy Van Winkle.

If you have not yet given the show a try, maybe their good taste in bourbon will tip the scales.

I've been interested in this show, but am obviously several seasons behind. I wish Netflix would pick it up for streaming. Or Hulu, as I have accounts with both.

It is available on Amazon. If you have Prime it can be streamed at no additional cost.

I just stared season four, the last one previous to the current season. End of season 3 had several prominent mentions of Pappy! I am streaming it on Amazon as well, love the prime service.

More on topic, the show really is great. I have a friend at work who also watches Sons of Anarchy (as I do). We often discuss that show and he said, if you like that you should try Justified. I did and here I am.

That darned show has caused the consumption of a bottle or two of some of my favorite bourbons!! Not sure why but I'm always wanting a bourbon, or two, while I'm watching it. Getting to be a bit of a routine.

I haven't started that yet, but I can see where the show makes you want to have a sip. I have considered it many nights while watching, maybe I should get on the horse and do it.

That darned show has caused the consumption of a bottle or two of some of my favorite bourbons!! Not sure why but I'm always wanting a bourbon, or two, while I'm watching it. Getting to be a bit of a routine.

I've watched through season 4. It is addictive and very enjoyable. If I had a criticism, I'd say that writting is a bit tired in the last season. Still darn good though and I get the bourbon craving.

Unfortunately I don't have Amazon Prime. We'll have to see if that changes in the future though. There are definitely more viewing options out there than I have time for.

Mmm Justified with some nice Vintage 17yo, What's that, another episode to watch on the DVR? Sure I'll have another round;)

One of the best shows. Saw it for the first time on Amazon Prime and went through all the seasons. Even paid $30 last year to get the 2013 season. Couldn't wait for it to start up again this year. Writing seems to be even better this year. Yeah, I'll have a bourbon now.

I've been watching this show from the beginning. My favorite character, though he is one mean murdering piece of work, is Boyd Crowder. Here is a comment:

"Boyd's often eccentric way of speaking always draws me in even when he is speaking about simple things. In my opinion, it is an effective device masterfully employed by Goggins. Boyd simply demonstrates his mastery of language, re: quoting Asimov while holding a lit fuse. Right when Nicky was threatening to kill him, after critiquing his word-use, Boyd responded: I'd ask what are you waiting for if you'll allow the contraction? Boyd likes his wordplay. He does it for it's own sake, also he might be at least a little bit in love with the sound of his voice now that he has smart stuff to say with it re:| The greatest victory is the triumph of principles. - Ralph Waldo Emerson."

While The character is a hard core criminal, his ability to speak above most anyone when threatened is one of the best parts about the show. He is an even match for Raylan, one from the dark side, the other a man of the law with his own dark side...

I've been watching this show from the beginning. My favorite character, though he is one mean murdering piece of work, is Boyd Crowder. Here is a comment:

"Boyd's often eccentric way of speaking always draws me in even when he is speaking about simple things. In my opinion, it is an effective device masterfully employed by Goggins. Boyd simply demonstrates his mastery of language, re: quoting Asimov while holding a lit fuse. Right when Nicky was threatening to kill him, after critiquing his word-use, Boyd responded: I'd ask what are you waiting for if you'll allow the contraction? Boyd likes his wordplay. He does it for it's own sake, also he might be at least a little bit in love with the sound of his voice now that he has smart stuff to say with it re:| The greatest victory is the triumph of principles. - Ralph Waldo Emerson."

While The character is a hard core criminal, his ability to speak above most anyone when threatened is one of the best parts about the show. He is an even match for Raylan, one from the dark side, the other a man of the law with his own dark side...

I'd agree that I like Boyd, though when they're together I like them a lot better, they interplay very well, both have their good and evil sides and both seem to know how to get the other out of them.

I also like and now miss the Ellstin character. He also had good and evil in him that was interesting to see played out. (not to mention that he has my hat too (though quite a bit dirtier)

Your points about Raylan, and more specifically about Boyd are not unintentional. I read an interview with the writers and creators of the show where they talked about the fact that many of the characters are horrible people, doing horrible things, and yet somehow they are likeable. I think that is what makes the show awesome, and part of its uniqueness. Normally I dislike the antagonists of a show, but with Justified I find that I still at least feel sympathetic if not a fondness for them.

I just heard an interview on the radio the other day where they talked about another TV show that did a similar thing, I just can't remember what show it was.

On of the most prolific bourbon's in the show is Blanton's. Art Mullen has a bottle in his office and on the last episode (13 Mar, 2014), Raylan mentions getting a bottle of Blanton's. It is the round globe-like bottle with the running horse on the cap. I haven't tried it yet, but I am going too!

On of the most prolific bourbon's in the show is Blanton's. Art Mullen has a bottle in his office and on the last episode (13 Mar, 2014), Raylan mentions getting a bottle of Blanton's. It is the round globe-like bottle with the running horse on the cap. I haven't tried it yet, but I am going too!

Art is usually drinking that, or the bottle of Pappy's he keeps in the safe.

I love the show and have since the start - but please remember the reason that they keep switching up the beverage of choice is Product Placement Revenue.

Last week's Marker's Mark shot was particularly blatant, but I forgive anything that offsets the production costs and allows the show to continue

I think Pappys and Blanton's are from the same distillery. I just looked up prices on them and Blantons is somewhat affordable but the Pappys is in a league of its own...

I love the show and have since the start - but please remember the reason that they keep switching up the beverage of choice is Product Placement Revenue.

Last week's Marker's Mark shot was particularly blatant, but I forgive anything that offsets the production costs and allows the show to continue

Personally, I think that product placement in shows and movies is a brilliant move for both advertisers and production companys. It makes the shows and movies more realistic. It doesn't take anything away from the plots and it's clever.

Top Bottom