What's new

Just when you thought you had a nick free shave, OUCH!

The title says it all! Thought I was going to have my 1st nick free shave and on my 3rd pass which is just a touch up pass. OUCH. I applied pressure instead of letting the EJ do it's work.

Has it happened to you? If it did do you know why?

It happens to me about every third shave. Usually when my mind wanders or I am in a hurry. Often I don't notice I've cut myself until I splash on an aftershave. Then I spot the little bit of blood leaking from the spot that is burning like crazy. I guess it comes with the territory and only DE shaving for two months.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Horrific cut getting the FB under my nose this week ... Think I went sideways ...

absolutely from speed and imagined skill.

AA

Yep!
Then I started doing only two passes and no touch ups, only get the occasional weeper or zit beheading now.

My worst cuts have happened when doing final touch ups. Being careless is more likely the reason.

The two worst one were on my lip or nose (Columella - in between the nostrils). Glad I had a styptic pencil...

I usually shave nick free, but just like you I sometimes get careless. I am 85 and my skin is loose, so sometimes the razor can push up a fold and cut it. Feather blades are the worst for this. If I want to get a fast shave, I switch to a Schick Hydro Edge or Gillette Fusion or even a BIC Sensitive disposable. I have even gotten cut with those, usually when I try to get fancy and slant the razor and go overboard.

Top Bottom