What's new

Just wanted to say hello.

I joined Badger & Blade a few days ago and have truly enjoyed reading all the reviews and advice you guys have. I made my first purchase from classicshaver.com and am awaiting my delivery.

What I ordered:
Merkur "Hefty Classic" Safety Razor
Vulfix #2197 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Taylor of Old Bond Almond Shaving Cream
Proraso "Liquid Cream" After Shave Balm

Btw, I am a some what impulsive person (my wife would say very impulsive). So went to my local Target and bought a tube of Proraso and a cheap boar hair brush. I then proceed straight home and began playing with the cream and brush to try and get a good lather going. It worked pretty good but I can only imagine what it will be like with a badger hair brush.

I can see that this is going to be an expensive habit for me. So again I just wanted to say "HEY" to all you ladies and gent's and I look forward to posting more often with my shaving experiences.

On a side note. Am I the only one who, when I think badger and blade in my head I sometimes thing beaver and blade?:devil:

Excellent collection. You don't mention which brand of blades you use, but I do encourage you to try the sampler from LetterK. Individuals respond very differently to the different makes of blades, so you will have to experiment to find the best blade for you.

If you can control your impulses or direct them accordingly it doesn't have to be that expensive. I've bought all my supplies through brick and mortar stores and through good research I've kept the prices down nicely.

Then again, if you get happiness from buying things, then by all means, enjoy yourself! There's a lot out there to learn about.

- Jim

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. :001_smile

And to answer Leisureguy i have a set of Merkur blades to start off with. If I don't like these then I think I'll get a sampler from LetterK.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Quagmire said:
I can see that this is going to be an expensive habit for me.
It will be, but not nearly as expensive as it would be without resources like this forum. First off, if you had to buy tubs of all of those creams you will be compelled to try, you'd go broke/get divorced in a hurry. You can get samples for very reasonable prices, or even for free. If you just say the word, you'll find the folks here to be usually accomodating.

Quagmire said:
On a side note. Am I the only one who, when I think badger and blade in my head I sometimes thing beaver and blade?:devil:
How the hell do you think I got here!

Top Bottom