What's new

Just wanted to say, great job, on the re-do on this forum, 100% + from old site

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
+1 They did a wonderful job with the migration. I've been up since 2:00 am playing on the new site and I love it. It's really quite easy to navigate once you learn the ropes.

Hats off to all who worked on making this happen!

Glad it all seems to work and nothing appears to be missing (for me anyway), but...
Four dislikes.
The menu bar at the top that moves when scrolling. Takes up valuable vertical space on wide screen monitors. Worse, it's not even the part of the menu bar that contains alerts and message notifications, just the navigation part, which links to pages that aren't what the nav title said, or don't even work right.
Very white/bright.
No longer get a little synopsis of each user at the top of every one of their posts. Post count, mention count, etc.
Everything is larger/more spaced out, so less info fits on the screen.

Last edited:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Still getting used to it here. Bigger Avatars I see. Not bad overall.

Agree with the smaller banner and not so bright background suggestions.

I just started poking around, but everything seems very nice to me. It is very bright, which my phone battery will dislike. Most of the time I am on a computer though, so that really doesn't matter. I miss the Titles next to our names. Overall, it is very nice.

Yay! Now we can go full-screen for embedded videos, without the extra two steps to view it on Youtube, then full-screen.
No longer get a little synopsis of each user at the top of every one of their posts. Post count, mention count, etc.
Click on the avatar or name for a pop-up with that stuff.

Overall, it's like moving to a new office building. "Where did they put the coffee filters?" "We have a broom closet now?"

Hear hear. Many people willingly give their time to improving the website for us, and this is a good opportunity to thank them and let them know that we appreciate their efforts.

Click on the avatar or name for a pop-up with that stuff.

Overall, it's like moving to a new office building. "Where did they put the coffee filters?" "We have a broom closet now?"

I know that's where you can get some of (though not all of) that information. But I found it to be much more useful as an always visible item.

You always have to break in a new pair of shoes, but its always worth it. I love the new photo capabilities.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I like it too but agree the active header bar is distracting as is the 'chevron'. That covers up text if you position a post at the bottom of the rest of the bar. Otherwise all is well in B&B land! Thank you to everyone that made this happen.

The ability to toggle the color scheme to a 'night mode' would be nice.

Cheers, Steve

I've only started to play and naturally it seems odd. Im sure the info is there somewhere if you just click on this then click on that but I miss seeing relevant info at a glance. I guess hiding or eliminating ( haven't found it yet) makes the site cleaner but not as much fun as I thought it was.

One of the mods mentioned it elsewhere - the mobile site is indeed very nice. While tapatalk has its place, as navigable as this is, I don't need it.

Top Bottom