What's new

Just Used Thuringian First Time and OMG

As Madelyn Khan said in Blazing Saddles, "it's twue, it's twue….LOL

Used my new pet rock Thuringian stone for the first. I made the slurry with progressions to just water on a very narrow 4/8 French tip Garanti that had lost it's shaving luster.

This stone should provide me with a touch up tool and that's exactly why I got it.

Gamma posted a while ago in something that i posted that Thuri slurry doesn't react as other slurry. It's more of a lubricant that reduces the friction, which i took to mean start it with a straight stone, and then move UP to slurry. Please anyone with more experience let us know.

I second pics!

C0591DC4-B66A-4A95-B799-BAC7F5163AFD.jpeg
Nice! Pics or it didn’t happen!
Lol!!!

Im looking for a finisher and was recommended one of these or a surgical black. Can find the Black's but not these! Have fun! Greg B.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nice piece of real estate.
I greatly prefer the feel of my thuringian with slurry. Since I don't have a proper slurry stone I tried a diamond plate slurry, which was fine but kind of a brute force approach. I have since been using a very hard jnat to raise the slurry. There could be a bit of jnat slurry in there too but the color looks just like the thuri's diamond plate slurry. It sure feels silky smooth and seems to be working just fine. BTW my stone is quite dark like yours.

I greatly prefer the feel of my thuringian with slurry. Since I don't have a proper slurry stone I tried a diamond plate slurry, which was fine but kind of a brute force approach. I have since been using a very hard jnat to raise the slurry. There could be a bit of jnat slurry in there too but the color looks just like the thuri's diamond plate slurry. It sure feels silky smooth and seems to be working just fine. BTW my stone is quite dark like yours.
Actually, I bought the rock because the slurry stone was included.

Im looking for a finisher and was recommended one of these or a surgical black. Can find the Black's but not these! Have fun! Greg B.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you. I've other stones that belonged to my grandfather, but this is the first I bought for a razor.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Try just a bit of wet dry sandpaper.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
TT does not get a lot of love. If your stone delivers you a edge you want than you got a good one. It sure is a pretty stone with lots of real estate

TT does not get a lot of love. If your stone delivers you a edge you want than you got a good one. It sure is a pretty stone with lots of real estate

Thank you sir. Even if it is not a good one, making the slurry and using was a lot of fun. And even more, it improved the edge on the near wedge.

Top Bottom