What's new

Just used my first Gillette Brit Crat!

Awesome!! - the 4th gen is my favorite shaver of all razors I ever tried. And combined with the magnificent looks all British Aristoscrat are wonderful razors and you need to try all :001_wub:

Thanks Dan for referencing my Aristo thread :thumbup1:
Here’s the fast version to send you down the rabbit hole!

View attachment 1318104View attachment 1318105
+1 … what Peter said! I too find the 4th Gen British Aristocrat to be my favorite of all vintages—ahead of the other aristocrats, RFB, and hybrid tech. It’s so smooth, so gorgeous, so ingenious, so perfectly sized—they hit a home run!

I have 2nd & 3rd generations of Aristocrats (flat bottomed versions), both lovely smooth shaves as typical of Gillette.
Is the diamond plate really the best? I was led to believe they were same head as the regular superspeeds, hence why I have never really considered them.

Maybe I should pick one up next time ones available ..

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I have 2nd & 3rd generations of Aristocrats (flat bottomed versions), both lovely smooth shaves as typical of Gillette.
Is the diamond plate really the best? I was led to believe they were same head as the regular superspeeds, hence why I have never really considered them.

‘Best’ is subjective, and opinions as to which generation deserves that moniker are varied. However, the diamond base 4th generation is universally regarded as the mildest.

I personally think they are different from Superspeeds—smoother, IMO.

Thanks a bunch, Trey :thumbup1:

For me the 3rd generation is very smooth too, but it is more efficient and hence not a daily shaver for me. At least not with a Feather. This is also the feedback I’ve read from others.

The 1st generation open comb Aristocrat to me is a wonderful mild and smooth shaver, as nice as a Goodwill. And in looks the epitome of DE design, best and most classy looking razor ever.

The 2nd generation for me strangely is less smooth and thus the poorer of the pack.

Beautiful looking razor, congratulations on the acquisition and the shave.
Thanks, Aussie Bulldog! I can't believe I've tried over 40 razors (vintage and new) and never had a smoother shave than this. My only minor issue is the handle. My Timeless Crown handle beats it in length, shape, and grip. If I could somehow put the Gillette Aristocrat head on that handle, I think I would achieve shave nirvana!

1630196833891.png

Top Bottom