What's new

Just used Aqua Velva today.

I always use the Pinaud aftershave, especially after a bad reaction to Proraso's aftershave products, but today while at Rite Aid, I ran into some AV...

Drove home and shaved with my DE89/Blue Lab and slapped on some AV...

It felt amazing on my face and had a such an intense, but wonderful smell!

My aunt said it reminded me of my grandfather (passed away several years before I was born), who always used to wear AV after shaving...

(wasn't expecting anyone to recognize the scent, especially since I hadn't said anything about shaving)..

EDIT: Everyone must try AV!

I LOVE AV. It is inexpensive, feels great and smells great; to me that is. They have military contracts with the US Dept of the navy also. I know this because we cleaned the squadbay deck with it and alcohol. Funny story in boot camp one time one of the squad leaders said "Alcohol and aqua velva" in a funny voice. DI heard and I was standing next to the squad leader and the jerk blamed it on me. Drill instructor went back and fourth asking us which did it. The squad leader told me I should fess up. What a tool. We both got punished. Doing mountain climbers first thing during morning clean up good way to soak us in sweat early in the morning.

Its good enough for our military, it's good enough for everyone! My wife is VERY sensitive to parfum, Cologne, Use the toilet ect :) she cant stand the smell. Not because she does not like it mind you she likes the scent. But it stuffs up her sinuses and she starts sneezing as if she was allergic. I use it when I leave the house earlier than her.

I have some and use it occassionaly. It used to be my daily AS until I got a bunch for Christmas. Now, it's in my rotation.

So far, AV Ice Blue is the only one I have bought more than once. :thumbup: I used to use the AV Musk, but SWMBO complained that it was too strong. I mixed what I had left into some homebrewed splashes I had in an effort to both cut it and add some depth to my creations. It was interesting when I added it into a bay rum/cinnamon/tobacco blend I had made. Smelled exactly like French Toast!

I've always used it. I wish they made it in a travel size.

Do they make any aftershave in travel size? I remember preparing to go on a trip last year...got a travel razor (this was before I began traditional wet shaving), travel size shave gel, travel size body soap, shampoo, etc....but never saw any travel size aftershave. What gives?

AV Icy Blue is one of my favorites. Plus, it's inexpensive. I just put some in a travel bottle and keep it in my travel shaving bag.

Funny this came up. I'm about to pick up prescriptions and was planning on picking up some Aqua Velva while at the pharmacy.

Used it just last night. Lovely wife took a few sniffs and said, "Yeah, I like that one." Told her that's great, because I like it too. Win, win.

Along with Pinaud Clubman, Aqua Velva is one I'll always keep around! Excellent stuff. I find I tend to use the warmer scents (Clubman, Old Spice, AV Musk) in cooler weather, and the cooler/greener scents (AV, Brut, Gillette Coolwave) in warmer weather.

Just got back with my new bottle of Aqua Velva. Good Lord does it bring back memories of grampa. A bottle of Old Spice managed to follow me home too. Anyone ever notice what it says on the back of the Old Spice box? It says "If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist", cracked me up!

I love AV too. I start to get nervous when I've only got 1 spare bottle around. I tried rotating after-shaves for a while but now I just use AV and maybe once a week or so, I'll use something else. Nothing else I've tried makes my face feel as good as the AV though.

I put on some AV Musk for the first time in a while this morning. I forgot just how good it smells and performs. Definitely worth 10 times the 3 bucks I paid for it!

Do they make any aftershave in travel size? I remember preparing to go on a trip last year...got a travel razor (this was before I began traditional wet shaving), travel size shave gel, travel size body soap, shampoo, etc....but never saw any travel size aftershave. What gives?

Yes they do make them in travel sizes here is a link to one http://www.fendrihan.com/anthony-shaveworks-cool-aftershave-travel-size-p-2799.html Also I picked up some Brut in travel size at Walmart, granted that some products are different from Canada to US but you should find it there.

Absolutely love Aqua Velva! Use to hear people talk badly about it, and those that wore it. I really don't understand why, unless they bathed in the stuff. Today I'm going to use my new VIBR for the first time, but I now know that Aqua Velva will be in rotation every week, at least once!

AV is great stuff. I can't believe how cheap it is. I enjoy it just as much as my $15 aftershaves. I really like the way my skin feels after using it.

Top Bottom