What's new

Just tried Proraso Pre/post shave

:eek: WOW is that mentholated or what?!
I do think it helped to soften the beard but the fumes takes some getting used to.
I think it will be a great cooler in the summer months as an aftershave!

:eek: WOW is that mentholated or what?!
I do think it helped to soften the beard but the fumes takes some getting used to.
I think it will be a great cooler in the summer months as an aftershave!

Yup, I love it in summer, but in winter:scared: :scared: :scared:

When it gets hot, do this : after shaving, spash face with cold water, but leave it wet ; take a tiny amount of PPP and apply to your cold wet face ; the 3 benefits :

-Super cooling AND soothing
-Easier to apply the PPP with some water (U don't want to rub hard a freshly shaven face)
- With the water spreading the PPP evenly, u just need a tiny amount ; the jar should last a year that way

I've been using it this week too, as a preshave. The smell is overpowering the smeller so it can't smell my creams as I shave. Not that it's a bad smell, but.. Jury's still out on whether it is helping my shaves.

I've been using the proraso pre/post shave balm everyday for about three weeks.

So the vapors made it tough to keep my eyes open immediately after applying it the first few days. When I started using it, I used way too much. A dime sized amount applied to a wet face with wet hands seems to be plenty. That may be the reason for the seeming strong reaction initially.

With a good hot water prep and good cream/soap, I've been able to get a decent shave without it. I find I can save some time during the week and do a shorter hot water prep/shorter cold water post shave routine if I use the Proraso balm. YMMV

-Dan

I've been using Proraso pre for about a year and a half. A pea-size amount, and a small pea at that, is all it takes. A dime size is way over the top. If the jar isn't lasting at least six months of daily use, you're using too much.

Those menthol vapors are great way to get yourself well awake in the morning. Before I started using Proraso Pre & Post, it was that cold water rinse that waked me up. This is once again great single product from great product line of Proraso.

Its a good product, but definately one to use during the warm, summer months when you need some refreshment. IMHO, its just too aggressive on the menthol for winter use!

I've been using Proraso pre for about a year and a half. A pea-size amount, and a small pea at that, is all it takes. A dime size is way over the top. If the jar isn't lasting at least six months of daily use, you're using too much.

I now agree with ScottS's recommendation of using a pea sized amount.

I tried it this morning and it was plenty. The other great plus to using less is that it doesn't over power the wonderful QED shave stick bay rum scent.

Thanks ScottS!!

I found that it only really works for me as a post shave "cooler" but it is superb. It is the one product I use for every single shave. You only need a tiny amount for it to do its magic. I also use Proraso Balm on top of it and my face stays moisturised 24/7 using this combo.

If you have the pre/post shave would you reommend buying the the Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave too? Do they compliment each other or does the pre/post shave do the job well enough on its own?

Either product (pre/post or ASB) is good as a standalone but leave the skin pretty greasy when used together.

Either product (pre/post or ASB) is good as a standalone but leave the skin pretty greasy when used together.
+1

I'd still buy Crema Liquida if I'd already have Pre & Post as these products are quite different in my opinion. Crema Liquida has more cultivated smell and somewhat lighter touch than Pre & Post. Pre & Post on the other hand has more soothing effect on my skin, but as already said, it cannot be used in winter time. And that's why we have that nice glass bottle of Proraso Crema Liquida in our cupboard. ;)

If you have the pre/post shave would you reommend buying the the Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave too? Do they compliment each other or does the pre/post shave do the job well enough on its own?

This depends on your skin type. I have dryish skin and it works well for me and leaves my face feeling moisturised all day. Some people see this as your face being greasy but for me its the way I prefer my skin to feel. If your skin feels dry then it is dry. Each to their own I guess.

I agree with using a small amount of the Pre/Post. My method for applying it is to wipe my finger across the surface of it, then wipe onto my face. Apply more as needed, probably about a split-pea size for me.

"A little smear will do ya!"

This depends on your skin type. I have dryish skin and it works well for me and leaves my face feeling moisturised all day. Some people see this as your face being greasy but for me its the way I prefer my skin to feel. If your skin feels dry then it is dry. Each to their own I guess.

Ditto ; I have dryish skin and I like greasy stuff too

I found that it only really works for me as a post shave "cooler" but it is superb. It is the one product I use for every single shave. You only need a tiny amount for it to do its magic. I also use Proraso Balm on top of it and my face stays moisturised 24/7 using this combo.

+1

Top Bottom