What's new

Just tried Mitchell's for the first time.

And let me tell you, I absolutely love it. My face is so smooth and rich feeling. I think I may have found a new favorite.... :thumbup:

MWF is one of the finest soaps in production. I love the lather I get, and the scent, but for me the skin conditioning is what makes this soap a step above the rest. It will always be in my rotation.

I've always had a bit of trouble producing the famous MWF lather with my badger brushes. That ended yesterday when I got my Semogue boar brushes (SOC and the 830). I did a test/hand lather of MWF with one of them and got perfect lather. I love the scent of MWF and even though I've had my share of trouble making the great lather.... I can honestly say I've not had a bad shave when using the Fat. I think I've heard it said before that a shave with bad MWF lather is still as good or better than perfect lather from some other soaps and creams.

Ben

Coincidentally enough, I was about to start a MWF thread... I tried many test lathers, and always got very foamy looking and feeling lather. Yesterday I loaded the brush to heck and back, and still seemed like the lather was foamy. Figuring I'd see what I could do anyways, I went from the scuttle to the face, instead of just ditching it or adding a cream to uberlather it. Amazingly, it very quickly went to the thick creamy goodness I'd always heard the Fat was! While Cella and Tabac can get that state just in the bowl/scuttle, the Fat just needs a great brush and face work to bloom, in my case. Really happy I found this out, I can put it into my rotation now. Mitchell's Wool Fat Mondays, anyone? lol

MWF is one of a very few that I have backup pucks of.

It was one of the four soaps that I choose to travel with for 3 months.

It is one of the best kept secrets in shaving

proxy.php

I've always had a bit of trouble producing the famous MWF lather with my badger brushes. That ended yesterday when I got my Semogue boar brushes (SOC and the 830). I did a test/hand lather of MWF with one of them and got perfect lather. I love the scent of MWF and even though I've had my share of trouble making the great lather.... I can honestly say I've not had a bad shave when using the Fat. I think I've heard it said before that a shave with bad MWF lather is still as good or better than perfect lather from some other soaps and creams.

Ben

Ben
Same here

I'm usually pretty amazed when I read someone post in a MWF thread how much they hate it. :confused1 Outside of an allergic reaction to the lanolin that affect some, I think its one of the best soaps made. (Yeah, I know, YMMV).

I would go as far to say that the people who think they have an allergic reaction to lanolin actually have razor burn from a bad lather/shave.

I thought I was one of those, but now after 100 shaves with a proper lather no such thing! It's actually a very mild soap suitable for many skin types!

And buy the bowl it comes in as it helps build/load up a great lather to face lather with.

MWF is number 1.

I would go as far to say that the people who think they have an allergic reaction to lanolin actually have razor burn from a bad lather/shave.

I thought I was one of those, but now after 100 shaves with a proper lather no such thing! It's actually a very mild soap suitable for many skin types!

And buy the bowl it comes in as it helps build/load up a great lather to face lather with.

MWF is number 1.

I just keep mine in a lidded anchor hocking glass bowl. Seems to work really well in that also. Granted, the actual ceramic bowl is a tad more attractive... but not that cheap to pay extra for.

+1!! I love MWF. Got it last year for Christmas and it is probably the most frequently used soap in my rotation. I was a bit apprehensive at first after hearing all about how it is so difficult to lather..especially since the only brush I have is a Rooney's silver tip, but I never really had a problem whipping up a great lather. And although I also occasionally hear someone not preferring the scent, I absolutely love the fresh, clean, almost "victorian" scent of the soap. Congrats and enjoy!

After reading this thread yesterday, it inspired me to shave with the Fat this a.m.! :thumbup: Great shave as always!

I just keep mine in a lidded anchor hocking glass bowl. Seems to work really well in that also. Granted, the actual ceramic bowl is a tad more attractive... but not that cheap to pay extra for.

Connought has it for 25 bucks + ship. Not bad for the best soap plus a bowl?

Top Bottom