What's new

Just thought I'd share this B&B experience.

I recently posted this on the Score thread, but thought it was such a great example of the type of people we have here at B&B that I would post it here as well.

A short while back I was needling a member about having two of the same razor. I jokingly asked him why he needed two of these wonderful pieces of Gillette craftsmanship and history, when some of us didn't even have one.

Well, this proves what a superb forum this really is. Shortly afterward, said member sent me a private message. He hadn't really meant to get both razors; he had bid on two and had simply won both auctions- something he hadn't planned on. Well, to make a long story short, he offered one to me. The one in the best condition. Needless to say I jumped at the chance, having wanted one of these guys ever since I found out they existed.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Obviously this isn't a mint or faultless specimen, but I am extremely happy to actually own one now. And I really can't wait to use it. Funny that I am getting this before acquiring a standard Fatboy.

Oh...and the member was...SlagleRock.

You are the best Rob. This puppy traveled a long way from Japan to my door here in PA. I cannot tell you how proud I am to be a member of a forum with members as thoughtful, selfless and generous as you are.

Cheers my friend.

Thanks for sharing that story. I have also been tremendously impressed with the delightful people here on B and B. No wonder I spend so much time here!!

Jim

SlagleRock you say? For a moment I thought you were referring to Brad Pitt.:lol::lol::lol:

Great story and great gesture, Rob!!!

DL

Had a shave with her this morning.

A Derby adjusted to #3 for the cheeks and neck, down to #1 for my problem areas: the upper and lower-lip.

I haven't used an adjustable since my first "purchased" DE, a Progress. This is why I didn't go nuts with the settings.

Needless to say it was a very nice shave.

And it was quite a staggering difference after over a month using this:

proxy.php

Well not that exact Tech as it's never been used. I got another one awhile back- one of those "hobo" razors- and have been using it ever since.

They both have their appeal for sure.

Cheers.

This is an excellent story and I am so glad you shared it with us. Where to begin? I think with Rob. He is a gentleman's gentleman. Gracious, kind. Just take a look at his posts, always so generous in spirit. Here's a toast to Slaglerock. Two. You, starfury, what a wonderful post and story, and we all appreciate your big heart. Three. That razor is gorgeous, I don't care how it shaves, its a design/engineering masterpiece. It looks in D. good condition to me. Cheers to all.

I just purchased a Tech and some blades from him. I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted a ball or fat handle. Turns out he is sending both styles to me for the same price!

Thanks again SlagleRock! Can hardly wait to get them!

Wow, Jeff, thanks again brother. I'm so happy the Toggle found you safe and sound and that it appears you are enjoying it as much as I enjoy the one I kept.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words/comments. I try as best I can to be a gentlemen in every way. The B&B has helped to reinvigorate that desire.

Thanks again to all for your kind words.

Top Bottom