What's new

Just started wet shaving and bought a new razor

As the title says. I've been using a VDH branded model currently. After some research, I have purchased a new Edwin Jagger DE89L. Should be here tomorrow. It was less than $30.00 at Amazon. Can't wait to try it out and compare it to the old one.

Kevin

I have been wet shaving most of my adult life, from a non-descript TTO to a Techmatic, to an endless line of various carts. An EJ was my re-entry into good DE razors, and it was definitely a good choice. I still have that first one, despite my love for most everything stainless. Excellent choice good sir.

Right on, CrustyCat. I'm returning to shaving myself, and after having a full beard for so long, I found that single passes and the semi-rough look got my face back in shape to deal with a close shave again. Now I can shave without fear of causing bumps everywhere. ;)

But back to your OP, I hope that EJ shows you some improvement over the VDH.

Well, I received my new razor. My wife and I pulled into the driveway after work and she noticed the box on the front porch and said, "What's that"? I said, meekishly, "A new razor". She said, "you have one". I said, "this one's better". She said, "I suppose you'll buy a new brush now for 65.00". I said, "I already ordered one, but it didn't cost that much". hehe. Anyway, my first shave with the new razor was awesome. The difference between driving a Pinto and a Lincoln Continental. I love the weight and feel of the razor on my face. I'll just try it with a bunch of different blades until I find the one's I really like.

Kevin

Top Bottom