What's new

Just spent some time with "an old friend" ..... what a pleasant surprise !

My wife and I just got back home from a nice little vacation in Upstate New York's Adirondack Mountains,
and it was the first time in almost a year that I had a chance to use my "travel shaving set-up." My very
first DE razor purchase was a Merkur 34C, which has since been stowed away in my travel kit, and almost
forgotten. My regular rotation at home includes my RazoRock Lupo .72, RazoRock Lupo DC, RazoRock Hawk,
Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, and Rockwell 6C ..... all off which allow me to enjoy wonderful shaves.
Now, for the past week, shaving with my "travel" Merkur 34C, was like reuniting with an old friend. The shaves
were smooth and sublime, and it was great to use this awesome razor once again. Very nice indeed !

Glad to hear you reunited with the 34c. I went to college up there many, many years ago. I should have stayed up there.

M

Member 113878

Great razor indeed.
FWIW, the Opgress mod can be used with the 34C, which makes it even better.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
No experience with the razor but I live in the St. Lawrence River Valley, a stone's throw from the Adirondacks and yes it is a lovely place!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Great stuff. Nice to get re-acquainted with old friends. The Merkur 34C is one of my favourite DE razors. Thanks for sharing your experience with us Adam.

Had a great shave with the Merkur 34G yesterday. Very nice shave. I really should use it more often...

My wife and I just got back home from a nice little vacation in Upstate New York's Adirondack Mountains,
and it was the first time in almost a year that I had a chance to use my "travel shaving set-up." My very
first DE razor purchase was a Merkur 34C, which has since been stowed away in my travel kit, and almost
forgotten. My regular rotation at home includes my RazoRock Lupo .72, RazoRock Lupo DC, RazoRock Hawk,
Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, and Rockwell 6C ..... all off which allow me to enjoy wonderful shaves.
Now, for the past week, shaving with my "travel" Merkur 34C, was like reuniting with an old friend. The shaves
were smooth and sublime, and it was great to use this awesome razor once again. Very nice indeed !

Congratulations!! The 34C paired with a sharp blade is a great combination for me also!! :a29:

My first razor--and for quite a while my daily driver--was a Merkur 38C. Like you, I have relegated it to my travel kit since I received my Henson. I still enjoy the heft and smoothness of it when I break it out occasionally. Seeing old friends can often remind us that life isn't as ugly as it can seem.

The 34C was my very first razor too, and I still use it regularly. Have somewhere around 30 different razors but the 34C and Progress is the ones I use. They are simply great for me and exceptional value.

Thank You All .... I really appreciate all the replies and "likes."
As I always say, you gents are the best !
My best wishes of peace and love to all of you and your families.

How were the crowds up there this year? Last year there were so many more people because of covid, I'm hoping things are a little more normal this year.

How were the crowds up there this year? Last year there were so many more people because of covid, I'm hoping things are a little more normal this year.

We were at Friends Lake, staying at the lovely Fern Lodge.
No crowds at all around us, but Lake George seemed pretty crazy.

Top Bottom