What's new

Just something I wanted to say on this thread.

Good evening to all on the Badgerandblade website. Just something I wanted to say from the kindness of my heart.

I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to everybody on this website. I do like how everybody is willing to help out everyone else on this thread. What I really like is that everybody seems willing to help out one another and that nobody seems biased or predjudiced. As a result to all the helpful replies on this thread my shaving skills keep improving, so all I want to say is 'Thanks to everybody on this website and keep up the excellent work!'

Jason.
No thank you! The people here I swear are the least toxic community I have come across. I've participated in frag comm for a while but got tired of the shilling/rude members that always pop up. Their are some great members but it does get toxic. But here my goodness I have barely seen any negativaty. Their arnt people saying only super expensive stainless steel razors/artisan soaps are the end all be all of wet shaving. People have their preferences and are left unfettered from harassment. For example my favorite razor is my Ever Ready 1924 but the majority of SE razor users rank it pretty low on their list. I post this all the time when asked which is my favorite SE and people are not jumping down my throught about it. Because at the end of the day someone cannot deny the reality that you have experienced especially because they do not have the same skin/beard combo that you may have and they can't justify telling you otherwise. Shave with what you want and love it as much as possible. Just one last example sorry for the long post. The merkur 34c is loved immensely by the community but personally I don't like it. I prefer rigidity held blades because it prevents blade chatter and irritation on my coarse thick beard growth. The merkur has alot of flex and chatter when I shave with it in any blade combo. But the merkur is fun little razor to have when I go with the grain. It's comfy as all heck,the angle of attack is so forgiving, it's mild but still effective and I agree its one of the best looking razors I've seen full stop! I can see a person who would other wise have softer hair having an amazing shave with it in any direction unfortunately I'm not one. In closing i thank all of you aswell this group is awesome.

Awa an bile yer heid ya big Jessie

proxy.php

Worst place to hang out!
I have found myself going down many rabbit holes and have spent some money doing so!

All sincerity aside...you won't find a better group of folks anywhere! B&B is full of very genuine and helpful people.

No thank you! The people here I swear are the least toxic community I have come across. I've participated in frag comm for a while but got tired of the shilling/rude members that always pop up. Their are some great members but it does get toxic. But here my goodness I have barely seen any negativaty. Their arnt people saying only super expensive stainless steel razors/artisan soaps are the end all be all of wet shaving. People have their preferences and are left unfettered from harassment. For example my favorite razor is my Ever Ready 1924 but the majority of SE razor users rank it pretty low on their list. I post this all the time when asked which is my favorite SE and people are not jumping down my throught about it. Because at the end of the day someone cannot deny the reality that you have experienced especially because they do not have the same skin/beard combo that you may have and they can't justify telling you otherwise. Shave with what you want and love it as much as possible. Just one last example sorry for the long post. The merkur 34c is loved immensely by the community but personally I don't like it. I prefer rigidity held blades because it prevents blade chatter and irritation on my coarse thick beard growth. The merkur has alot of flex and chatter when I shave with it in any blade combo. But the merkur is fun little razor to have when I go with the grain. It's comfy as all heck,the angle of attack is so forgiving, it's mild but still effective and I agree its one of the best looking razors I've seen full stop! I can see a person who would other wise have softer hair having an amazing shave with it in any direction unfortunately I'm not one. In closing i thank all of you aswell this group is awesome.

Hmm. Interesting. As far as I am concerned, wet shaving is purely subjective when it comes to razors, blades, soaps etc. For instance I am really in love with my 39c Sledgehammer but someone else could say its worse than a cheap Bic razor. If someone disagrees with anything I post on this site, I just respect it and let it go. I don't believe in getting into flame wars. Its like in another thread I said I am happy using Merkur blades in my razor but Im getting a lot of advice about trying other blades as the Merkur blades don't seem to be much liked here. Not that it matters; I kindly consider each reply and I use that to make an informed decision. Just because I like the Merkur blades doesn't mean that I start getting overly 'preachy' about them if you see what I mean. At the end of the day I really enjoy visiting this site; its a great way to unwind after work.

Kind regards to everybody on this site!

Jason.

Hmm. Interesting. As far as I am concerned, wet shaving is purely subjective when it comes to razors, blades, soaps etc. For instance I am really in love with my 39c Sledgehammer but someone else could say its worse than a cheap Bic razor. If someone disagrees with anything I post on this site, I just respect it and let it go. I don't believe in getting into flame wars. Its like in another thread I said I am happy using Merkur blades in my razor but Im getting a lot of advice about trying other blades as the Merkur blades don't seem to be much liked here. Not that it matters; I kindly consider each reply and I use that to make an informed decision. Just because I like the Merkur blades doesn't mean that I start getting overly 'preachy' about them if you see what I mean. At the end of the day I really enjoy visiting this site; its a great way to unwind after work.

Kind regards to everybody on this site!

Jason.
I don't know, I have some Merkur blades and have had good success with them. While I wouldn't go all ga-ga about them like I do if I score some vintage Wilkinson Sword blades which seem to last longer than most modern blades, but I'd say the Merkur blades a good shave on par with an Astra. There is a small community out there that quietly goes about shaving without putting a whole lot of stock in this blade over that blade, but in a different razor this blade is good, etc.. Production quality is one thing, but on average any sharp blade in any razor will give you a good result (some last longer than others, some are sharper than others, etc.)--your technique is what controls the quality of your shave more than the razor, the prep, the blade or the soap.

Top Bottom