What's new

Just some rambling musings and thoughts .....

I've spent a good part of the past hour perusing our B & B forums, which is something I like to do (time permitting)
before my evening shave. Stressful day today, so my time with you gentlemen has been an especially enjoyable prelude
to a lovely relaxing shave. Pretty simple ..... Stirling Alighieri face lathered to perfection with my Semogue Mistura, and
my stubble smoothly shaved down to a soft BBS result with my Timeless Bronze razor and a Gillette Nacet blade.
Clubman Pinaud splash and Proraso Blue balm ----- Sublime shaving indeed.

But that's only one reason for my starting this thread. My main inspiration is the beautiful collection of replies to
"my member interview" in the "Who is Who" forum under the site administration section. Here's what I wrote .....
"Gentlemen ..... I am truly gratified and humbled by all your positive thoughts
and wonderful comments. Thank You All !
Our Badger & Blade community is my
"oasis in the midst of our crazy world," and our shared camaraderie is wonderful.

But these words can only scratch the surface about how I feel to be part of our terrific community of fine gentlemen here
on Badger & Blade. I am so lucky to share a fine friendship with a bunch of guys who I will probably never get to meet in
person, but with whom I feel a common bond of joy and good will. As the world around us seems to keep getting crazier
by the minute, may we all continue to find happiness here on B & B. Peace, love, good health, and happy shaving !

I've spent a good part of the past hour perusing our B & B forums, which is something I like to do (time permitting)
before my evening shave. Stressful day today, so my time with you gentlemen has been an especially enjoyable prelude
to a lovely relaxing shave. Pretty simple ..... Stirling Alighieri face lathered to perfection with my Semogue Mistura, and
my stubble smoothly shaved down to a soft BBS result with my Timeless Bronze razor and a Gillette Nacet blade.

But that's only one reason for my starting this thread. My main inspiration is the beautiful collection of replies to
"my member interview" in the "Who is Who" forum under the site administration section. Here's what I wrote .....
"oasis in the midst of our crazy world," and our shared camaraderie is wonderful.

But these words can only scratch the surface about how I feel to be part of our terrific community of fine gentlemen here
on Badger & Blade. I am so lucky to share a fine friendship with a bunch of guys who I will probably never get to meet in
person, but with whom I feel a common bond of joy and good will. As the world around us seems to keep getting crazier
by the minute, may we all continue to find happiness here on B & B. Peace, love, good health, and happy shaving !
Well said and I completely agree.

I frequently take note of who else is perusing a thread I am on and you are one of the ones that is frequently on all kinds of obscure posts. I guess it’s like if you walked up to the water cooler in the middle of a conversation, it’s nice to have you here whether you say anything or not. I have a hard time, for my age, with this whole “digital divide” thing, I like to imagine we are all sitting around having a friendly conversation.

Now I am off for my evening shave…

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

The gentlemanly bond goes beyond :)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Oh, and the pictures of all the new acquisitions are pretty cool too! :D

You mean like this picture? HEHE

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

+2! Great comments! B&B is full of gentlemen from the ‘old school,’ the best place on the net!! :a29:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

And please don't forget, at least one of us is incredibly handsome. Or so says my Mom.

Ohhhhh, FarmerTan, FarmerTan. You and I both know, how we feel about ourselves on the insides, changes how other's see us, on the outside. Its all about that energy that we put off, and about us being gentlemanly, and having a high level of integrity and honor. That is a mark of a great man. Some say chivalry is dead, I think some guys just stopped carrying. But I am truly moved by most of the people on this site, who have a high level of respect for others, and treat other's, as they wish to be treated. Thats the true measure of a man.

And with that said, its no doubt in my mind, that we are dashingly handsome. 😁

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, I'm pretty sure my Mom was talking about me, so......

Let's just say, when yer as pretty as me, ya don't have to be nice... But I just can't help myself. My mama says be nice, AND be honest.

I choose nice OVER honest a lot of the time. Ain't no sense in tellin' a man that looks like a Wart Hog that he looks like a Wart Hog. He already knows it, and he might have one bullet left!

Last edited:

FarmerTan

Wow ! Fourteen replies and thirty reactions to my thread ! I am truly humbled and grateful. Thank You Gents !
I'm sorry for the derail.... It's a curse my friend. My brane don't even shut off when I'm sleeping now. The dreams are more often than not like a movie now! Seriously, I'M not even in my dreams now! Populated with people I've never met even.

Have I seen a doctor, you ask? No, only spots!

FarmerTan

No worries FarmerTan. Your wonderful banter on our forums are always a delight. :thumbup:
My friend: you need to get out more!

You are always so kind.

"Wonderful banter"....... I'll be using that line tonight when we go out to see some friends and I drive my wife crazy..... poor woman!

Top Bottom