What's new

Just Sell the Handles!

I use more than the size of a match head of epoxy. I think you need a little more than that to allow it to come up around the bottom of the knot plug to make sure you have a good set. Probably not nessecary but I don't want to have to re set it. These restores are horrible. And the one pictured above is the worst one yet. Why would you take close up pictures of those parts. :lol:

Not that appealing for a purchase at all.
Would have to pull the knot and start over.
Too bad he was a professional (whatever that may be).

Last edited:
In looking at the pictures of all of his brushes I wonder if he is trying to have a band of epoxy between the handle and the exposed knot. All of his re-knotted handles seem to have the same degree of "enthusiastic" epoxy use.

In looking at the pictures of all of his brushes I wonder if he is trying to have a band of epoxy between the handle and the exposed knot. All of his re-knotted handles seem to have the same degree of "enthusiastic" epoxy use.

I guess if epoxy doesn't squeeze out of the top, you can't be sure that the plug is set in epoxy. Or something like that (?). One thing is for sure; he is staying busy building those brushes.

I guess if epoxy doesn't squeeze out of the top, you can't be sure that the plug is set in epoxy. Or something like that (?). One thing is for sure; he is staying busy building those brushes.

And evidently keeping the epoxy manufacturers well into the black.

This one doesnt even fit the handle :lol: :lol: :lol:

$$T2eC16FHJGIE9nnWprVBBRF+CHQmig~~60_57.jpg

I've ruined a couple of beautiful handles trying to drill them out, but that's the breaks and it's worth the risk. If you want a great brush at a great price, find an old brush for sale with a good handle, drill out the handle, buy a new knot for $20-$30 and glue it in with Devcon epoxy. I had a knot come out with 24-hour curing, so I started putting a lot more epoxy and letting it cure for a week. Some of these old EverReady, Rubberset, etc., handles are eye candy as well.

These are just awful. The first brush I ever made was one of those "I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing" moments but I still managed to not get epoxy in the hair. It's really not that difficult!!

I restored one that had an absolutely awesome handle but a terrible knot. The overall length of the knot was about 55 mm, and the epoxy had traveled about 25 mm up the hair via capillary action. I ripped out the old knot and then realized that there was a section of wooden dowel in the middle, sticking up over the top of the brush handle by about 15mm. I kept the handle and put another knot in, but the brush as I bought it was simply unusable.

Oh, the horror!! As if there isn't enough sloppy, poor work in the world! Sheesh..................... btw they're now selling coffee

Top Bottom