What's new

Just recently taking pride in photos

I've never considered myself much of a photographer but I've managed a couple of snaps recently that I really love. I'm only using an iPhone 6S whilst travelling but it's holding up really well. These pictures were taken shortly after sunrise at Angkor Wat in Cambodia. I did edit them, but only with the phone's basic camera application.

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

Amazing photos. They are even more stunning knowing that they came from a phone! You should submit the first to National Geographic's YourShot and see if you can get an editor to comment on it.

I really like the first one. Nicely framed and great lighting.

Also - never be ashamed, or feel like you have to admit to editing. I feel like the #nofilter hashtag has conditioned people to think that editing a picture somehow lessens it, or makes it less real. In fact, editing has been going on since film existed. In the darkroom, I dodge and burn in different areas to make them darker or lighter. If I really wanted to go through the effort, I can create an unsharp mask to sharpen the image. I use different grades of printing paper to adjust the density and contrast. I can even physically retouch the negative if its big enough. Photography is art, and manipulation/editing is just one of the tools in our chest to achieve our vision.

Top Bottom