What's new

Just received my PERSONNA “BBS-0”

I just received this Personna razor and from what I’ve read a lot of people seem to think this is where the BBS-1’s head inspiration came from (I cannot confirm or deny this). They both have a 1mm gap and apparently shave very similarly. I guess the only way to find out is by using it and I’m going to have to break my FFFMM because I’m not sure I can wait until April to use it.
389C57D8-244C-4B3D-A14F-C57A9EB86637.jpeg

7B3A4A54-5E0F-433D-8009-AD42069F1A93.jpeg

159544E7-E9EF-4229-98F5-6D61309AEBD1.jpeg

Last edited:
B

Barney14

I had one of these and was told about it been the inspiration for the BBS 1, yours is in excellent condition, other than yours and the one i owned all the others i have seen have been pretty rough.

The shave is excellent, very efficient, my only dislike was the very light handle.

I think mine cost £7, which is great value for a very nice razor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the handle is light and thinner than I usually care for but the overall design is amazing. I was stunned by how good it shaved. I honestly think it’s a slightly smoother shaver than the BBS-1, very efficient and smooth.

Which blade did you use in the Personna razor? If you used a Personna branded blade, which one did you use? I believe the main choices here would be USA made Lab blues or Med Preps, or Israeli made Reds or Crystals.

Which blade did you use in the Personna razor? If you used a Personna branded blade, which one did you use? I believe the main choices here would be USA made Lab blues or Med Preps, or Israeli made Reds or Crystals.
Actually I used a Feather stainless, and the combo worked great for me.

Here you go.

It was posted on Reddit a long time ago from James himself. This was the progress to the final model.
proxy.php
Very cool to look at. Thanks for sharing this. I was playing around with the Personna and BBS-1 and it was pretty cool to see that the parts are interchangeable. I’m sure though because of the head design it would also fit other Tech style heads as well. The difference though is that the Personna covers the blade tabs

Here is the complete Personna, notice how the top cap goes past the guards. Covers the blade tabs completely
185A13FD-FF05-4074-AB18-712C4BA4541A.jpeg

Here is the BBS-1 baseplate with the Personna top cap. Notice the over hang.
47B9C0DC-E520-46F4-A2AD-D9E65B779D3A.jpeg

BBS-1 top cap with Personna baseplate. You’ll notice the baseplate here extends past the BBS-1 top cap.
EB4C3F33-0BCC-48EE-A851-BB1DE40643CB.jpeg

Side shot of Personna baseplate and BBS-1 top cap.
E2F6DAD2-F8FF-4779-A3EA-92A0309345C2.jpeg

Nothing I’m trying to prove I just think it’s neat.

Top Bottom