What's new

Just received my omega 49

Congratulations!! One of the best and most underrated brushes. Once you break it in, you will have the perfect brush that will last many many years. I really like my Omega 49. Fantastic choice. GL in your Shaving journey.

I've used the Omega 49 for about 5 times and it began to break very quickly. Brush is awesome. I just have something to figure it out and I would like some advice.
When I load my face the first time after leathering it does well. The problem is when I try to lather my face for the second pass the brush has already water down the lather in the bowl and I can not recover the lather.
Is it too much water in the brush? I know boar can hold more water.

I'm not to boar brushes, I've always used a cheap The Face Shop synthetic brush that has been fantastic.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The 49 is a VERY nice boar and has a fair sized knot as well. My guess is that you simply need to load more soap than you are used to with the synthetic.

I've used the Omega 49 for about 5 times and it began to break very quickly. Brush is awesome. I just have something to figure it out and I would like some advice.
When I load my face the first time after leathering it does well. The problem is when I try to lather my face for the second pass the brush has already water down the lather in the bowl and I can not recover the lather.

I'm not to boar brushes, I've always used a cheap The Face Shop synthetic brush that has been fantastic.
I have the omega 10104. It requires a ton more cream than the regular omega boar brushes. The 10049 is bigger than the 10104 so you do need much much more. Alternatively, you can try more water on the brush or bowl but that would just dilute the cream.

Taken delivery of my first boar brush and actually my 2nd ever brush first one I've been using is a supermarket brought Wilkinson brush which has done the job for a complete newbie over the last couple of months although always loosing bristles and ending up on my face ...

So after reading many a view opted to buy a omega 49 and at 8 quid a bargain .. opened it up and sniffed it after all I'd read was the smell it comes with and to be honest I couldn't smell a thing maybe it's just my nose lol but decided to wash it washing up liquid just to remove any factory dirt grime and loose bits and then load it up from my puck and clean it of just as a extra... It's now sitting in a mug of cold water in the fridge for the next 24 hours before a 10 min rub on a towel and repeated for another 2 times as recommended to break in the brush ... All I'm knowing is I'm looking forward to my first shave with a boar brush ...

Marc

Good job.
I shaved with mine this morning.
It gets better with use.
Enjoy many good shaves!

Great choice and it's a soap hog. It'll need a good 20s or more of loading lol.

But I'll make so much lather you could shower w it lol.

Mawashi

I have an omega 48. I’ve noticed the brush holds a lot more water in it than my badger brushes. It also needs a bit more loading time with the soap too.

Arko rofl lol.

I love proraso but the 49 eats so much of it that's its scary. Its like having a salad bowl full of shaving lather lol.

Mawashi
Ha! I've been doing Arko August and that's the brush I've been using. Before that it was my go-to for Williams lol. Great brush and a super bargain!

Yup that's an apt description lol.

I ended up PIFing it away cos it's just too big a broom... em brush for me.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I shaved with mine this morning.
I like the face feel and it lathers beautifully. It’s a big brush.
I’m considering the Omega 011829.

When I first got my 49 I couldn't believe how great it performed. A brush I only paid $9.00 new is a lather monster. If you like to bowl lather, the Omega 49 is hard to beat.
Face lathering is another thing. I have no luck using any boar brush to face lather. When I use a shave stick I can only get 1 pass out of it.

I usually bowl lather with my 48 also. I prefer boar with creams, it’s a huge brush that can hog the soap sometimes.

Top Bottom