What's new

Just Received My New Timeless Razor

My new timeless razor arrived yesterday. What a sweet looking razor.

This morning was my first shave with it.

It is the solid steel version with a .95 blade gap, solid bar and polished.

My favorite razor has been the Windsor R by ATT. And I was nervous about this new blade gap being too big, too aggressive. But I have to say, the shave this morning was incredible. And it's only my first with this new razor.

The razor is built like a tank. It's relatively heavy but feels fantastic in the hand. And the smoothness on my face was just beyond belief. It does not feel like it has much blade feel to it at all. It was super smooth. Even going against the grain on my upper lip was a real treat. Smooth as silk.

There is no chatter of the blade with this razor. It's rock solid.

Did I mention that this feels smooth, buttery smooth. I'm just stunned. I really was worried about the blade gap and almost bought the .68. I'm very glad I took Matt's advice and went with the .95 blade gap.

It's a bit more efficient than the ATT Windsor R. I got a closer shave right out of the gate. But it actually feels smoother with hardly any blade feel.

My suspicion is this will be my favorite. I will give it a few more shaves to make the determination. But I am very happy with this purchase, that's for sure.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Welcome to the club! Happy owner of Ti68 scalloped, Ti68OC and Ti95OC.

You should like it a lot. :devil: Now if it gets to feeling a *bit* heavy, you can get it in titanium...

AA

Congratulations on a wonderful purchase!! Which handle did you choose?
I have the plaid designed handle. It's not quite as grippy as I thought it would be. But it's good enough. I really like the dimpled handle but wish it were of the longer variety. I also like the pineapple handle and I'm thinking that I'll probably have to pick it up sometime in the future. First, I'm going to really get used to what I've got.

Welcome to the club! Happy owner of Ti68 scalloped, Ti68OC and Ti95OC.

You should like it a lot. :devil: Now if it gets to feeling a *bit* heavy, you can get it in titanium...

AA
Yes, it is really heavy. And I like heavy razors overall. But I was surprised by the heft of it. And I'm looking at the titanium razors in there beautiful. May have to be another purchase one day.

I have the plaid designed handle. It's not quite as grippy as I thought it would be. But it's good enough. I really like the dimpled handle but wish it were of the longer variety. I also like the pineapple handle and I'm thinking that I'll probably have to pick it up sometime in the future. First, I'm going to really get used to what I've got.
Very nice. I have the knurled handle and it is my favorite handle of all my razors. It is superbly balanced and the grip is second to none.

I have the Timeless 0.95 polished with both the SB & OC plates along with all three (knurled, dimple and barber pole) 85 mm handles. A very smooth and efficient razor with any of the plates and handles, but I really only use the OC plate and the knurled handle now. What a great razor.

Now after a number of shaves, I absolutely love this razor even more. And it's not aggressive at all. I still can't quite figure out how this is a .95 blade gap. The ATT H blade gap is wicked by comparison. But this is absolutely heaven. No chatter, no problems. Yet still efficient enough.

Now after a number of shaves, I absolutely love this razor even more. And it's not aggressive at all. I still can't quite figure out how this is a .95 blade gap. The ATT H blade gap is wicked by comparison. But this is absolutely heaven. No chatter, no problems. Yet still efficient enough.

Gap matters but not nearly as much as blade exposure and clamping.

IIRC the .95 has 0.002" exposure and equally clamped top and bottom where blade exposure starts - that why is it not 'agressive' (barely positive exposure) and buttery smooth (fully clamped, no blade chatter).

Top Bottom