What's new

Just received my BSB Shaving Brush - Dr. Dulcamara

I ordered an aluminum, white badger, BSB a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived yesterday. All I can say is should a shaving brush be this beautiful? Should a shaving brush be this well made? It's nothing short of stunning! Pretty good backbone, and a beautiful knot marking/band/color.

Fast, professional communication and service. If you wonder If you should get one, I can tell you that you most definitely should!

Thank you Juan, I will cherish this brush!

Photos for scale. My other brush is the shed-master Above the Tie acrylic that they quit selling. Maybe because they all shed as bad as mine?

$IMG_4547.jpg$IMG_4549.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I am a rubberset 400 fan. Do you know how close to the rubberset this brush is? Weight and overall size. ..it looks really close from here[emoji15]

I think Juan created it to be exactly the same, but don't quote me on that. Apparently this brush is in a couple of museums (and should be) based on the Rubberset history.

I too love the Rubberset brush, so as soon as I saw these, I didn't hesitate! It's a very hefty & beautiful piece.

Beautiful brush Z Blade. :thumbup:

The polished aluminum handle is stunning. Is that the Vie-Long two band knot?

I too received my BSB from Juan last week. I chose a titanium handle with a fan shaped HMW knot.

It truly is a wonderful piece of usable art. Thanks again Juan.

$BSBTiHMW2.jpg

$BSBTiHMW.jpg

$TiHMW.jpg

xillion, Yes, it is the Vie-long, two-band white badger. Question -does the cap/top unscrew to easily replace the o ring? Mine is pretty tight. Or did you just grab it with a fingernail or something? I was debating over the aluminum/titanium. I decided on aluminum due to price. Hopefully I can get the titanium when I am not so strapped for cash.

pattern 1969, I want to say China, unfortunately.

Nice, I love Vie-Long two band. Had I not just purchased a bulb shaped Vie-Long Epsilon I would have gone with that knot as well.

The handle is one piece, but it would have been cool to have the cap that unscrewed. I pulled the O ring out with a tiny pair of tweezers, but my fingernail would have worked if it were a bit longer.

The BSB is impeccably well crafted from a solid single piece of aluminum of titanium. The titanium is an awesome brush to wield, the feel is unlike anything I've felt before, nice weight.. heavier than any brush I own and yet its reassuring in its density and feel. My copy came with the Vie-Long 2 band.. a lovely hair type, very good backbone with equally good flow through.. overall very very happy owner!

Curious brush. Looks like a metallic Rubberset. What is the o-ring for? And how does the high polish hold with time? It looks like it could scratch easily, especially being aluminum and/or titanium.

Its homage to the original Rubberset, the o-ring is purely cosmetic and can be changed out... I've only had it for a short while as the Ti's have started making their way to ppl in the last 2 months or so. As to the polish I'm not sure.. so far mine has held up quite well, but I admit to babying the brush as its a favorite.. but polished aluminum and titanium probably will eventually scratch, I know my Ti watch is beat to heck lol.

http://www.bsbshavingbrushes.com/

from what I've seen in other forums, he's received the endorsement and praise from the family that owned the Rubberset name/business.

Its homage to the original Rubberset, the o-ring is purely cosmetic and can be changed out... I've only had it for a short while as the Ti's have started making their way to ppl in the last 2 months or so. As to the polish I'm not sure.. so far mine has held up quite well, but I admit to babying the brush as its a favorite.. but polished aluminum and titanium probably will eventually scratch, I know my Ti watch is beat to heck lol.

http://www.bsbshavingbrushes.com/

from what I've seen in other forums, he's received the endorsement and praise from the family that owned the Rubberset name/business.

Very interesting. Thanks.

Its probably best to contact Juan directly @ [email protected]

I mainly went after the titanium which was an extremely limited production run, the aluminum is his standard offering but still created in batches.. so directly contactting him would give you better picture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom