What's new

Just received a Simpsons Wee Scot and an Omega 10275 (banded boar) - impressions

Well, it took a while, but I think my Omega 10275 is beginning to break in. So, I am really becoming fond of the Omega boar. It did take time to break in and I don't think it's done, but it is becoming the favorite of my three brushesQUOTE]

Told you so!!! I recently acquired a Semogue 830 and a Semogue SOC. These, in addition to my Omega 10275, are my current rotation. My Simpson brushes are sitting on the sidelines. I love my boar brushes!!

Told you so!!! I recently acquired a Semogue 830 and a Semogue SOC. These, in addition to my Omega 10275, are my current rotation. My Simpson brushes are sitting on the sidelines. I love my boar brushes!!

I still like badger (best badger is all I have experienced so far), it is just different in character, holds more water, just behaves differently than boar. I love boar backbone, though. Definitely need to break boar in before making judgements. Badger performs out of the box and then only gets better, where as boar does very little out of the box (see pics at the beginning of the thread). I love the fact that boar brushes are fairly inexpensive for a good quality (from Omega, anyway. I have yet to try Semogue or other super premium boar). I will definitely keep an eye for a Semogue boar on BST. Also, I think the lather capacity is less for a boar and there needs to be more loft to hold the same amount of lather as badger. At least that's my observation so far. Right now the Omega 10275 and Wee Scot hold about the same amount of lather. Omega holds the lather more securely since it's larger, but the actual amount seems about the same and Wee is about half the size.

Top Bottom