What's new

Just purchased Proraso aftershave cream

I just came back from a holiday (Melbourne Australia) and while i was there i purchased a bottle of Proraso aftershave cream.
Excellent product which is not oily and feels great on the skin. Also the scent is so light i can put my other cologne on. I even got my mate to buy a bottle and he thinks its great.

Aky007 said:
I just came back from a holiday (Melbourne Australia) and while i was there i purchased a bottle of Proraso aftershave cream.
Excellent product which is not oily and feels great on the skin. Also the scent is so light i can put my other cologne on. I even got my mate to buy a bottle and he thinks its great.

There's not much out there that's better for the money. When the weather is hot, like it is at the moment, Proraso gets more than it's fair sharo of usage!

Jonnybc said:
Do you not like the smell? I don't really think it lasts long enough to worry about.

I had the same worry the first time I tried the stuff. I sprayed it with some witch hazel before applying it and the smell dissapated quickly. The cooling sensation lasted a lot longer. I was skeptical, but it works well!

I like the scent. It's not overpowering and doesn't smell like the typical aftershaves I've gotten in the past around Christmastime.

I just picked this up the other day at Target ($12.99 I think) and used it Monday in an all Proraso shave. I also own the pre/post. Other aftershaves I have used are Coral Skin Food, Feather Kanwa, and Ultimate Comfort. The closest cousin is the Feather Kanwa although the Proraso is thinner and a touch more "liquidy" I guess. After my brief use, I still prefer the Feather stuff - it is just excellent. I will continue to use the Proraso on my "Proraso Day of the Week" but it is Skin Food and/or Feather for me usually. I do not really care for pre/post for the post or the Ultimate Comfort balm - I like the liquid stuff.

Dennis

Interesting to read your experiences. Recently I completed the Proarso suite... So now after the green tub shave experience, instead of other hydrosols/tonics/balms I have been using the aftershave splash followed by the crema liquida dopo barba (ASB). Talk about a really enjoyable finish to a great shave, especially for facing the hot, muggy, 102+ days we've been having.

I think some of you are talking about the milky ASB (Liquid Cream) and others have the clear after shave "Splash" in mind.

When it comes to the balms (ASB) I'll take the Nivea at less than half the price over the Proraso any day.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Proraso version, but I just don't see how it's any better.

Target doesn't carry the "Splash", do they?

Dave

Top Bottom