What's new

Just played mad scientist with MWF and William's

Here it is guys:

G-Bar? Check
Fresh Treet? Check
Lather bowl? Check
Omega Professional? Check
Hybrid soap? Check

I whipped up quite a nice lather using the same technique that I would use for Mitchell's by itself. It's nice and thick. It won't wipe off of the sides of the bowl. Go time.
After whipping up a good batch of lather, I began swirling it all over my face. The first thing I noticed was the smell. If you can't guess, take a puck of MWF and a puck of William's and sniff 'em at the same time. I like it quite a bit.
The lather was very nice under the blade. There was a good bit of cushion and it was quite slick. If it hadn't been for the weak Velcro sound, I would have not known that I had a blade on my face. I like this too.
I did a three pass shave, WTG, XTG and ATG. There was some lather left over so I decided to try out my newest straight for a final touch-up. It's good with a straight too.
The only thing that I didn't like about this shave is that I found a small ding in the straight that I missed when honing it. The problem there is that I found it with my cheek. That's not the fault of the soap though. It's the fault of my rushing through that honing a little.

Caveat Lector:
If you're going to try this, use a small, equal amount of each to make sure that you can take the smell under your nose. It's kind of strong and I think there might be a Tabac issue with it. Some will love it, some will hate it.

Bathroom science experiment = Success.

Top Bottom