What's new

Just placed a knot order

After I confirmed the order with TGN I realized I just spent more money on dead badger fur than I spent for a month's rent at the first place I lived after high school.

Here are the donors that will be getting cleaned up while I'm waiting:
$Brushes.jpg

There's also a wooden handle that's hanging up drying, so it couldn't be in the group picture.

Regarding that little travel brush... What size knot and grade did you choose? I have an identical brush and have yet to decide on a knot. Loft needs to be < 44 mm or it won't fit into the tube.

TGN has a 16 mm finest 16x60. I do not have any brush like this. Please measure the knot hole diameter and depth. If this knot that I say does not fit, we need to look for a bit more.

Thank you for the reply. I have to measure the depth, looking at it, it appears to be roughly 15 mm. The 60 mm might just work.

The opening on mine comes in at 16.2mm with a depth of 61.3mm. It'll be tight but I'm hoping that the 16x60 Finest fits. TGN also has a 16x55 Finest F2, but it looks like the base diameter will be too big (16.25).

Be careful with the 16 mm F2 knot. It says "Tuff above the base 20mm"

I have one Finest 16 mm at 40 mm loft in my Druida Traveler. Opening of the hole I think is 17 mm. It is a great performer soft tips. Now I am in travel, and in a couple hours I will shave with it.

Regarding that little travel brush... What size knot and grade did you choose? I have an identical brush and have yet to decide on a knot. Loft needs to be < 44 mm or it won't fit into the tube.

Unfortunately the knot is just a smidge too long.

$Restore3.jpg

So far I have two knots set:
$Restore2.jpg$Restored400.jpg

The wooden handle has been given to my girlfriend to go along with her Lady Gillette. It received a TGN 20mm Finest Fan.

The Rubberset 400 received a TGN 24mm Super 2 Band Finest.

Thank you. I doubt it'll get much use, but when I saw it I couldn't pass it up. I started cleaning out the old adhesive last night so hopefully I'll have it reknotted sometime this weekend.

Top Bottom