What's new

Just ordered two new colognes.

I wanted to try some of the more "classic" scents. So about five minutes ago I placed an order for some Grey Flannel and some Quorum. I was wondering what everyone thought of the two scents, I have never sniffed either. But I was bored, and my wifes asleep. So I got on amazon and placed an order.

Thanks!

Powerhouse 80's scents with tremendous sillage and longevity. Nothing at all like today's scents. Apply both sparingly.

Quorum is one of the most masculine scents ever made. The base notes of moss, leather and tobacco dominate. Not subtle in the least and must be worn with an air of confidence. Leader of the tribe scent. I started using it 25 years ago and still use it occasionally. :biggrin1:

Grey Flannel is also a very masculine scent. Starts out bitter green, followed by violets, finishing with moss and wood. Clean and powerful.

Terrific quality and value and I like them both.

Powerhouse 80's scents with tremendous sillage and longevity. Nothing at all like today's scents. Apply both sparingly.

Quorum is one of the most masculine scents ever made. The base notes of moss, leather and tobacco dominate. Not subtle in the least and must be worn with an air of confidence. Leader of the tribe scent. I started using it 25 years ago and still use it occasionally. :biggrin1:

Grey Flannel is also a very masculine scent. Starts out bitter green, followed by violets, finishing with moss and wood. Clean and powerful.

Terrific quality and value and I like them both.

I could not have said it better. I am actually new to Quorum myself, but it is great. Great Flannel is more controversial, but I agree with Luca Turin. 5 stars!

I wanted to try some of the more "classic" scents. So about five minutes ago I placed an order for some Grey Flannel and some Quorum. I was wondering what everyone thought of the two scents, I have never sniffed either. But I was bored, and my wifes asleep. So I got on amazon and placed an order.

Thanks!

I enjoy both of them. I hope you will, too.

I actually screwed up and ordered the Grey Flannel A/S, and not the edt. I hope it will still smell the same.

BW, I my positive comments go to the "Grey Flannel Cologne," the one in the grey or black bottle. Not "Eau de Grey Flannel Colonge," the one in the clear bottle with light blue contents, or is the bottle itself actually a light blue. The latter is something of a metallic aquatic as I recall. Not at all similar as i recall to the original Grey Flannel, although some folks like it, too.

Grey Flannel - classic '70s precursor to Cool Water, except with everything Pierre Bourdon was too afraid to insert into CW's note breakdown. When I browse through my wardrobe and consider the most masculine of all my colognes, I can't help but feel that Yatagan and Grey Flannel are the two Grizzly Adams among a sea of admirers.

From what I read, Quorum is right there with them, although I cannot speak from experience on that one as I don't have it yet. But a box of it at Marshalls has my name on it.

I am spending far too much time on this forum, who would think I would be reconsidering trying a cologne again that I seem to remember not liking too much back in the day before my tastes were more "refined"

My wife doesn't comment very often no matter which cologne I wear but always seems to notice the Grey Flannel. It is one of her favorites. This may relate to the fact that I wore it more than 25 years ago when we were first dating. Scents can be a very powerful thing.

A wise order. Apply sparingly; your scent choices will overwhelm all of the aquas and "fresh" colognes in the vicinity. And personally, I don't think of Quorum or Grey Flannel as T-shirt and jeans type scents.

I can't wait to get them in now, you all have me physched up. They should be in tommorow, but I am hoping that when I get home they will be there.

I remember when I was about 14 or so, I ended up with a bottle of Quorum at a white elephant christmas party. I was into Canoe, Santa Fe, Polo Sport at the time, and I really didnt like the Quorum (of course, I was a teenager). All I remember of it was it smelled like pepper. i think I had the bottle for about 4 years, and wore it once. As I've grown and my taste has changed, I've actually been considering picking up a bottle of it. It is cheap enough that if I dont like it, I have no problem letting it sit under my sink for years until I try it again on a whim one day.

Top Bottom