What's new

Just ordered one of these watches...

Legion

Staff member
What do you think? A Seiko SKX011J1, it is similar to an Orange Monster, but with different styling (which I prefer the look of) and it is made in Japan.

It is one of those impulse buys, but it was not too expensive, and the OM and related watches get a pretty good wrap for the price.

I'm a bit worried it might be too big for my skinny wrist, but I'll probably getting a Maratac strap for it, so that might help.

Man, I couldn't save money if my life depended on it! :001_unsur

proxy.php

I love it. It actually looks like the 007s except for the orange face (I believe the yellow is model 035? - yeah, I've been reading up too much on Seiko divers this week!). I want one of these but I think I will get a black or Pepsi version first and then expand out. Can I ask where you bought it?

Legion

Staff member
I love it. It actually looks like the 007s except for the orange face (I believe the yellow is model 035? - yeah, I've been reading up too much on Seiko divers this week!). I want one of these but I think I will get a black or Pepsi version first and then expand out. Can I ask where you bought it?

From Hong Kong via ebay, from a seller who seems to get good feedback on all the watch forums. Should be safe, I guess.

Legion

Staff member
Yes, that is what I will probably get. I have one on my omega smp, and I really like it. I'm thinking I'll get the black one with the orange stripe for this.

I bought a Seiko diver 30 years ago and it is still going strong, just have to change the battery every 3 years or so.

Here's the Seiko

proxy.php

Maratec do sensational Nato straps and any one of them would look really good on that watch..

Here's mine on a Speedie..

proxy.php

Comfy as..

Maratec.. make a Rolex look good...

proxy.php

Cheers

Last edited:
I used to have this exact watch. I don't really remember why I sold it...

If you are a bracelet wearer, the super jubilee from strapcode is of superlative quality.

I read that whole thread, too! Amazing work. I didn't realize how much that stuff cost. I think I'll be sticking with whatever colors mine comes with and limiting my changes to the bands.

It arrived today! Very quick.

I like it a lot, but I was right in thinking that the rubber strap has to go. A Maratac is on the way.

I've been on watchuseek all day, checking out the mods those guys do to their SKX007's (the black faced version of mine). Too cool. It's go me thinking now, although those mods probably cost more than the watch did.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/show-off-your-skx007-009s-262404.html

There's some amazing work that people do with watches.

It arrived today! Very quick.

I like it a lot, but I was right in thinking that the rubber strap has to go. A Maratac is on the way.

I've been on watchuseek all day, checking out the mods those guys do to their SKX007's (the black faced version of mine). Too cool. It's go me thinking now, although those mods probably cost more than the watch did.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/show-off-your-skx007-009s-262404.html

Mods are unique. What they are worth is up to you to decide. It is great to have the choices.

Mods are unique. What they are worth is up to you to decide. It is great to have the choices.

Here is a mod that was done by Harold(yobokies)....the orange second hand, the oyster braclet and the clear caseback...Love this thing!

Attachments

• $007a.jpg
    $007a.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 240
  • $007b.jpg
    $007b.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 242

Legion

Staff member
Cool. I like clear backs. Does doing that effect the water resistance at all?

Top Bottom