What's new

Just ordered my new digital camera

A panasonic LX3

I saw a guy with a Panasonic GF1, which filled me with camera lust. Alas, the mind was willing but the wallet was weak. So I went for the LX3 instead:biggrin1:. The GF1 would have been a bit too bulky anyhow (or so I tell myself...)

Good luck with it and I wish you a lot of nice pictures! I like the look of LX3 but GF1 is for me an ideal camera. But my budget is really tight :glare:. So I buy razors :thumbup:.

So, how are you liking it? They're great cameras and I would have bought one last year, if I could have found one! Everyone, including B&H was out of them. I finally ended up with it's cousin, the Leica D-lux 4. My son bought the Panasonic a few months later and loves it.

Let's see some images now!

Nice camera so far.

I still need to find the time to read the owners manual to figure out all the bells and whistles...

The lens is really nice and wide angle, and is good for macro shots, you can get r e a l close. The drawback is that it does not also have nuch zoom power. It works for me.:001_smile

Perfect for sharing your work with us, im not a zoomer either so it would work for me as well. Im already anticipating more pics from you.

I actually bought one of those a few months back before going on vacation. After some extended use and testing, I gotta say I absolutely LOVE it. LX3 really is an amazing little camera. I've always wanted to get into photography, so im using it to teach myself about apertures and shutter speeds and etc.

Having a blast :)

p.s. the picture is the view from the top of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Taken with the LX3 Of course. The pic is uploading really grainy, not really sure why?

great pic. is it on an auto ISO setting? if so the ISO might be too high (the higher the ISO, the more light captured, but also the more noise).

Top Bottom