What's new

Just ordered my first expensive razor! (Timeless Ti68 SB)

I've been out of the game for the last decade. I bought into this 11 years ago with a Merkur Futur and 34c HD, but never thought about upgrading until now. I bought what I thought were two razors that would last forever. Turns out they're made from coated Zamack and they're already corroding.

I'm a sucker for titanium, especially in wet conditions, so that narrowed down my options. I want to Buy It For Life, and I've rusted "stainless steels" before. I didn't want to wait on any waiting lists or anything, so I ordered a kit from the Timeless site.

I decided to go with .68 blade gap, after intense deliberation, because I always cut myself with the Futur whenever I turned up its gaps. I also opted for the matte finish, from reading how the little microscopic dimples and divots float soaps across the skin better than "sticky" polished finishes. Also, bead-blasted titanium is just about my favorite thing in the world. I have more than a few flashlights and knives (and fidget spinners) in blasted titanium. Polished Ti always looked weird to me.

I chose the smooth top cap with the solid bar, for its minimalist look, really. I just really admire its clean lines and curves. Oh but then I went with the CROWN handle. And the stand. (Is the stand going to be made from titanium as well? I certainly hope so!)

I've been eyeing both the Feather AS/D2 and the Rockwell 6s (in Black), but I'm also hoping this Timeless will quell that RAD that's been itching recently. I know I don't need them all, especially if I went a decade with just the two razors without ever even thinking about it. I'll probably just trash the Merkurs if this new razor works out, and try to live life with just one razor. (Okay, maybe add the Rockwell 6s (in Black) for backup.)

I've also only had one brush this whole time, so I'm interested in upgrading that too. What's the deal with Paladin Brushes? They're too expensive.

I'm pretty excited about entering Stage 2 of my Wet-Shaving! Hopefully it gets here soon! I can't wait!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome back.... I just received my Timeless Titanium Crown handle today... I just finished rowing... then dinner... we'll see if I have it in me to try it tonight.

So congrats on your new razor.... their quality is out of this world.

Congratulations on the new razor. I have the Timeless Barberpole handle in stainless and I've been really considering getting the same head as you, except in stainless. Post on here when you receive it, I'd love to hear how you enjoy it. Maybe that'll convince me to finally order the head for my handle!🤷‍♂️

Congrats on your purchase. Timeless razors are superb and, I think, even better in titanium. The lighter weight gives them a really nice feel in the hand and increases the pleasure of shaving. Some titanium razors are too light and insubstantial for me, but the Timeless ones are just right. I hope you love it and are even pleasantly surprised when you get it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I've been out of the game for the last decade. I bought into this 11 years ago with a Merkur Futur and 34c HD, but never thought about upgrading until now. I bought what I thought were two razors that would last forever. Turns out they're made from coated Zamack and they're already corroding.

I'm a sucker for titanium, especially in wet conditions, so that narrowed down my options. I want to Buy It For Life, and I've rusted "stainless steels" before. I didn't want to wait on any waiting lists or anything, so I ordered a kit from the Timeless site.

I decided to go with .68 blade gap, after intense deliberation, because I always cut myself with the Futur whenever I turned up its gaps. I also opted for the matte finish, from reading how the little microscopic dimples and divots float soaps across the skin better than "sticky" polished finishes. Also, bead-blasted titanium is just about my favorite thing in the world. I have more than a few flashlights and knives (and fidget spinners) in blasted titanium. Polished Ti always looked weird to me.

I chose the smooth top cap with the solid bar, for its minimalist look, really. I just really admire its clean lines and curves. Oh but then I went with the CROWN handle. And the stand. (Is the stand going to be made from titanium as well? I certainly hope so!)

I've been eyeing both the Feather AS/D2 and the Rockwell 6s (in Black), but I'm also hoping this Timeless will quell that RAD that's been itching recently. I know I don't need them all, especially if I went a decade with just the two razors without ever even thinking about it. I'll probably just trash the Merkurs if this new razor works out, and try to live life with just one razor. (Okay, maybe add the Rockwell 6s (in Black) for backup.)

I've also only had one brush this whole time, so I'm interested in upgrading that too. What's the deal with Paladin Brushes? They're too expensive.

I'm pretty excited about entering Stage 2 of my Wet-Shaving! Hopefully it gets here soon! I can't wait!

11-years ha? Thats a long time! I am truly astounded that you managed to avoid the rabbit hole that long, I didn't last a month! I looked at the rabbit hole, and I laughed, cause I was avoiding it with ease. But then, the rabbit hole expanded in size, and I fell into it mid laughter. "Oh oh" were the words in my head, as I was falling down. So whats your secret unicorn dust? It was unicorn dust wasn't it? But we all know that stuff has a half life, so it wore off, and now your here, just as blessed as the rest of us. HEHE

I've never owned any titanium razors, so I have no idea what that is like. You will have to let us know how you like it, and don't forget to upload pictures, we will wanna see your new razor. You can get the Feather AS-D2 if you do well with mild razors with Feather's in them. But, if you don't get on well with mild razors, I can't recommend the Feather AS-D2, far too mild for my course whiskers!

My razors bellow...................

(1) Feather AS-D2 - High end razor but too mild for me! Good backup razor though!
(2) Rex Ambassador - High end razor, delivers awesome shaves, can adjust aggression!
(3) Merkur Futur - Lower end razor, delivers smooth shaves, can adjust aggression!

And yes, I've looked into Paladin brushes as well, and I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at prices for synthetic brushes, I was like, what in the actual Futur are these folks smoking! It was a very easy decision for me to avoid Paladin brushes, since hmm, I'm not made of money here. I don't just deposit 100 dollar bills out of my ears as needed.

Do I need to use the M5 plastic washer between the handle and head, or is that optional?

Entirely up to you…
I’ve had a Ti Timeless for quite a while now, almost 3 years I think, and have never used a washer, therefore there is a circular mark on the bottom of the baseplate where it meets the handle. It doesn’t bother me at all, and I never plan to sell the razor, as I really like it, which is often the other reason why some people use washers, to ”preserve“ as much as possible of the value for a potential resell, etc
I guess you could always use a washer initially, for the first few shaves, until you decide if you’re definitely going to keep it…?
Hope you enjoy your Timeless razor, they’re certainly great smooth shavers.

Last edited:
Do I need to use the M5 plastic washer between the handle and head, or is that optional?
It’s optional. I like to use them (a) because it protects the base plate from scratches, (b) it makes the handle attachment a bit more secure - some razors loosen easily and a washer fixes that, and (c) I actually like the way it looks and you can use black or white nylon washers.

But entirely down to your preference.

Congrats on the Timeless acquisition!! You can't go wrong with the Ti68 but don't be afraid of the Ti95 as it is the gap that sounds scary but actually isn't as aggressive as it sounds. I'd been using a Ti95DC for over 3yrs and has been a great razor until I bought a Ti Blackbird and now that has become my #1 as I just enjoy the shave much more...

Welcome back, you will absolutely love the Ti .68, and the Crown handle is the perfect handle
even when I bought a Wolfman, as many others have done, I kept using the Crown handle.

Timeless is a great company and excellent to work with.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Please update us about how you love the razor.

Doug

Your Timeless Ti .68 is an excellent choice. The way the clamping mechanism is fashioned reduces blade chatter to a minimum. As a result, this is a smooth razor. It is good for a daily driver. It will not shave as close as some other razors but that is not the niche that this razor occupies. You can easily add the .95 base plate for those days when you have more beard growth.

The handle you have chosen is quickly becoming a classic. After acquiring the standard matte Ti handle with my razor (which I really like), I ended up getting the Crown handle in both matte and polished. I use these handles with other razor heads.

All in all, you made excellent choices. Congratulations.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Your Timeless Ti .68 is an excellent choice. The way the clamping mechanism is fashioned reduces blade chatter to a minimum. As a result, this is a smooth razor. It is good for a daily driver. It will not shave as close as some other razors but that is not the niche that this razor occupies. You can easily add the .95 base plate for those days when you have more beard growth.

The handle you have chosen is quickly becoming a classic. After acquiring the standard matte Ti handle with my razor (which I really like), I ended up getting the Crown handle in both matte and polished. I use these handles with other razor heads.

All in all, you made excellent choices. Congratulations.
do you have a photo of the matte Crown handle.. someone said it was pretty dark... I have it in polished. perfect for my polished Claymore Evo... but I also have a matte Claymore Evo.. I'm not sure if the matte Crown would be too dark in case I want to buy another one.

do you have a photo of the matte Crown handle.. someone said it was pretty dark... I have it in polished. perfect for my polished Claymore Evo... but I also have a matte Claymore Evo.. I'm not sure if the matte Crown would be too dark in case I want to buy another one.
I would always use the polished with any head, to me the only reason to have a matte anything is because it is less work to clean but with the Crown handle the polished version is easy to clean and looks nicer.

I use my polished Crown with my matte WR2 head and I think it looks great.

Doug
734200F4-FCBC-4225-88D9-4C04F5041321.jpeg

From left to right-- Matte Timeless razor, matte Crown handle, .95 matte base plate, polished Crown handle. As you may be able to see, mine is not as dark as the standard matte finish. It turned out somewhere between polished and the matte. I suspect that there is some variation from piece to piece. Perhaps you could specifically request a lighter version.
1652629823990.jpeg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
From left to right-- Matte Timeless razor, matte Crown handle, .95 matte base plate, polished Crown handle. As you may be able to see, mine is not as dark as the standard matte finish. It turned out somewhere between polished and the matte. I suspect that there is some variation from piece to piece. Perhaps you could specifically request a lighter version.
View attachment 1456162
Thanks so much... your matte looks like a perfect match (as close as one could expect with SS and Titanium, that is) for my Claymore Evo.

I'll do that if I decide to buy a matt one... request one of their lighter ones. Thx for the suggestion.

Top Bottom