What's new

just one brush

Graydog 10098 (4).jpg

@Graydog 10098: Favorite hobbyist, Favorite material, Favorite shape, Favorite knot!

Simpson Trafalgar T3. I am sorry to say that buying the Somegue 830 and 730 was a waste of money. Both Semogues are good but not good enough vs this Simpson brush.
The T3 fully satisfies my needs and make a much better lather. Even my hard and finicky MWF is doing fine with this brush.
Hope that Semogue would bring something to the table to compete against those modern synthetics.

To pick just one is difficult, but I'll play along. I won't be picking any of my high-end brushes, Paladin, SV, M&F. I'll go with a brush that has much more personal meaning. It was hand-turned by an artist that frequents this forum. He used black walnut from a hundred-year-old schoolhouse. That's where the significance is. I sold my advertising agency 15 years ago to go into special education. So having a brush from a schoolhouse was the perfect brush for me. And to top it off, a beautiful Maggards 26mm SHD knot provides a plush lathering experience every time I use it. Here is my favorite brush:
IMG_3004.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
To pick just one is difficult, but I'll play along. I won't be picking any of my high-end brushes, Paladin, SV, M&F. I'll go with a brush that has much more personal meaning. It was hand-turned by an artist that frequents this forum. He used black walnut from a hundred-year-old schoolhouse. That's where the significance is. I sold my advertising agency 15 years ago to go into special education. So having a brush from a schoolhouse was the perfect brush for me. And to top it off, a beautiful Maggards 26mm SHD knot provides a plush lathering experience every time I use it. Here is my favorite brush:
View attachment 1159726View attachment 1159723
Has to be a Graydog special. Just beautiful, David.

Rooney 2XL two-band in Super. It lives up to its reputation. Perfect backbone and plushness. I am a bowl latherer but I cannot resist applying more than few massages to the jaw with this one. I have a M&F in Finest that is nearly there but the Rooney 2XL is perfection. Worth every penny.

This is a tough one. I’d probably have to go with my Shavemac 24mm Silvertip Bulb. A great all a-rounder and I’m a sucker for a bulb knot badger.

3E34BAF5-4414-406F-BAE5-4B1114631FEA.jpeg
AD4C1B2D-6E31-4D93-9A01-30FDB10646E8.jpeg

Honorable mention to the Simpson Duke 3 Best and Plisson #12.

ive yet to get through all my brushes, but my favourite so far is my DS Cosmetics silvertip badger👍🏼

Attachments

• _20200925_142720.JPG
    _20200925_142720.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 13
I should have known better than to read a thread like this - I have the feeling money is going to be spent after reading about all these brushes. The jury is still out for me as I immensely expanded my number of brushes immediately after joining B&B, and therefore have several natural hair contenders that are not fully broken in yet.

That being said, the leading contender would be my Elite Razor Quilted Sapele with 24mm Mother Load. This has a small handle, but it feels good in the hand. The brush holds a ton of water and soap; it just seems to go and go and go:
proxy.php
proxy.php

I should have known better than to read a thread like this - I have the feeling money is going to be spent after reading about all these brushes. The jury is still out for me as I immensely expanded my number of brushes immediately after joining B&B, and therefore have several natural hair contenders that are not fully broken in yet.

That being said, the leading contender would be my Elite Razor Quilted Sapele with 24mm Mother Load. This has a small handle, but it feels good in the hand. The brush holds a ton of water and soap; it just seems to go and go and go:
proxy.php
proxy.php
Having one of Bob's handles is definitely on my radar.

When I came back to DE shaving I ordered an Edwin Jager Super Badger. I think I paid $50 for it but I’m not certain. I bought a synthetic later on, and hardly use it. Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing, but my Super Badger does it for me.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Simpson’s Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP. The Super is the runner up.

If I could just keep my whole Chubby 2 collection that would be great. I love them all.

Top Bottom