What's new

just one brush

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I could probably pick any of my 30+ brushes and be happy with it for the rest of my life.
But, if there can be only one:
Rudy Vey Faux Ivory Persian Jar with Manchurian knot.
0717171957-1.jpg

Are these out of brushes I already own? Ones I've tried? Are we taking cost into account if it's not a brush we already own? Would it literally be just a single brush or could we keep buying new brushes of whatever model we choose then they get worn out? Makes me crazy. Context is everything, man.

Furthermore, If by last brush you mean if it were the last brush I could ever have I'd choose a synth because they don't shed, are durable enough to last a long time and they can survive frequent use without drying better than a natural hair. Know what I mean? So, in this instance for these reasons, I'd choose a synthetic for practical reasons. Perhaps a Simpson T1

If you mean which of my brushes do I enjoy the most it'd be a different answer. 10077 Omega, in this case if I have to choose from brushes I own right now. Love that thing.

If I had to pick one, it would have to be this one. 24mm two band silvertip knot from Maggard razors in a hybrid wood/resin handle from a seller named Frickwerkz. Although the mounted knot is smaller and less dense than my other silvertip, I like the uniqueness of the handle.
20200514_200659.jpg

Are these out of brushes I already own? Ones I've tried? Are we taking cost into account if it's not a brush we already own? Would it literally be just a single brush or could we keep buying new brushes of whatever model we choose then they get worn out? Makes me crazy. Context is everything, man.

Furthermore, If by last brush you mean if it were the last brush I could ever have I'd choose a synth because they don't shed, are durable enough to last a long time and they can survive frequent use without drying better than a natural hair. Know what I mean? So, in this instance for these reasons, I'd choose a synthetic for practical reasons. Perhaps a Simpson T1

If you mean which of my brushes do I enjoy the most it'd be a different answer. 10077 Omega, in this case if I have to choose from brushes I own right now. Love that thing.
if you were just to have one brush, what would you choose, regardless of price wether you already own it or not, if you were just allowed one😁

I only own one brush. I believe it's called an Omega pro? I haven't seen a need for anything else.

I am curious though...is there a life expectancy on brushes? Included in that any hygene related concerns for how frequently they should be replaced?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Right now I'm groovin' on my Fatip brush. It's much better since I took out the stock Pure Badger knot. I replaced it with a synthetic knot. I believe it is from TGN. The knot was a gift I've had lying around. I finally got up the nerve to swap out the Pure Badger.
010_22.jpg

Last edited:
if you were just to have one brush, what would you choose, regardless of price whether you already own it or not, if you were just allowed one😁

Well, not having used every brush I can't say whether I'd want one that I haven't tried. I have 16 brushes and I'd honestly hate to give any of them up.

But if someone were to hold me at gunpoint and force me to pick one to keep it would have to be my 2-band badger. There is just nothing wrong with that knot.

Top Bottom