What's new

Just need some help with my rotbart razor

I found a rotbart razor. I cleaned it and bought a new blade assuming it would fit but it's sticking a litlle bit on the sides so I just would like to know if that's normal or if I have the wrong blade(if you know what blade would fit please do tell). Also what part is it mainly supposed to be used on?
Ps. It's my first and only shaver that is like this so that's why I don't know anything.
Thanks!
IMG_20201008_191525.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
That is quite normal. Many, though not all vintage razors have exposed end tabs. Some people do not like them as if you are careless you can, for example, cut yourself under your nose. Remember though it is not the razor nor the blade that cuts you, it is you that cuts you. The end tabs can be used to handle the blade and if necessary to align the blade to offer even blade exposure, they can be sharp though. I use a Rotbart RFB myself and it is a lovely razor. Good luck.
forum.jpg

Welcome to B&B.
Ps. It's my first and only shaver that is like this so that's why I don't know anything.
Looks like a serviceable razor that can be put into daily use. As has been already confirmed, the blade tabs are for handling the blade to keep your fingers safe. Most DE razors have that feature which does not cause a problem in normal use.
The Shave Wiki {link top left of page} has some good advice on shaving aspects.
At is open comb October, why not post your shave results here {assuming you are a daily or regular DE shaver}; OCtober 2020 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/october-2020.595807/unread

+2! Not a problem! Allowing the side tabs to stick out a bit facilitates safer handling of the blades.

Top Bottom