What's new

Just made my first non-blade shave purchases in about 5 years

well, I finally did it. I just ordered a straight starter kit from Razor Emporium. This is me trying to get back on the proverbial horse and improve my self-esteem and such after a number of years in the dumps.

It's been a goal of mine for a number of years to start using a straight razor, and I had the luck to stumble into a compensated consumer panel that I got the final payout tonight. So, picked up the razor kit. One day, I want a Wade & Butcher, but we'll setting into getting sorted out first.

I also bought a fun colored leather slip cover for my beloved Merkur Progress that I hope fits. I've had my eye on it and it's matching brush travel case for a couple of years even though travel is pretty much out of the question for the foreseeable future.

I also picked up some green coffee beans and will be trying my hand at home roasting in the very near future. Wish me luck!

I have that brush travel case in brown and it is crazy well made for the $$$. Also bought the DE razor case. Hide and Drink makes some killer stuff for reasonable prices. 👍

Hopefully you will post photos when it arrives. Honing is another hobby for many.

I've been away for a while, but I do remember how this place operates. :D Pics are always fun! The coffee hobby is sure to be interesting, too.

I have that brush travel case in brown and it is crazy well made for the $$$. Also bought the DE razor case. Hide and Drink makes some killer stuff for reasonable prices. 👍

I love Hide & Drink, but their direct website has ben broken for a couple of months. I bought their thumb cover for wood carving a couple of months back and it's fantastic. I had initially bought one of their full razor cases but the bottom of my Merkur Progress doesn't fit, so I gave it to my son. Their work is pretty much bomb proof, in my book.

Enjoy the SR rabbit hole!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The wife is going to kill me lol. I'm already staring hard at picking up a Belgian Blue stone...

Top Bottom