What's new

Just like Grampa used to shave

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I definitely need an @FarmerTan ”gilded hand” review. I”ve been daydreaming about that soap ever since @Flying Dutchman told of its origin myth.

I’m still not sure how you ended up with all that utterly useless junk from that @L.A. Jones city slicker. Taking advantage of the rural hayseed. Outrageous. Stick with that valuable vintage ball end I sent. The cracks are proof of its authenticity!
Well, I did use the head you sent me, along with the handle from @L.A. Jones again. I've got a feeling that Frankenrazor is my new go to! My lovely wife agreed to eat with me, and I took @OkieStubble 's advice and had steak. Porterhouse. Living large for our anniversary, ya know. The blade was my GSB, 49th use, still showing no sign of stopping in that set up. Used the handmade brush that was given to me by @Graydog , my only synthetic. It makes a fine face lather. I THINK the soap I used came from @njpaddy . It's called "Straight Razor Designs" ?I think? Anyway, I also think it's glycerin based, as it's very clear, and is called "Sweet Patchouli". 3 hours later, my incredibly handsome face is still wonderful to touch, BBS all over. I put my clearance sale Dollar Tree Old Spice knock off that I mixed a healthy dose of Bergamot essential oil into, and though I can't smell it anymore, my incredibly handsome face still feels nice. Almost a year since I started this thread. As soon as I find that "Gilded Hand" soap I'll give it a whirl! Sorry, it's here somewhere gents.

FarmerTan

See, caught you keeping records ;)

Yup, I've just sent soap. I wanted your brush to know something besides Arko before it passed on.
Yeah, if I can find the Gilded Hand it's up next. If not, I may use the mix of flakes and chunks that happened to the soaps you sent in transit: Gilded Hand, original Williams, and.....was it Colgate?

Those three REALLY do a wonderful job. Of course, as good lookin' as I am, it's an easy job.

FarmerTan

Well, of course!

As far as making an aftershave with a fast-acting knockout agent, we'd need an impossible amount of Avon Tribute ...

AA
Ya know....we could market it like the old "Hai Karate!"

As I tell my siblings: my mama might have raised some homely children, but she didn't raise any dummies!

I THINK the soap I used came from @njpaddy . It's called "Straight Razor Designs" ?I think? Anyway, I also think it's glycerin based, as it's very clear, and is called "Sweet Patchouli".

Sadly, Straight Razor Designs (SRD) is no longer around. I think I have 1 shave left of their West Indies Bay and maybe a quarter tub of Opus X. SRD soaps will be missed at my house. They were a great soap.

FarmerTan

Sadly, Straight Razor Designs (SRD) is no longer around. I think I have 1 shave left of their West Indies Bay and maybe a quarter tub of Opus X. SRD soaps will be missed at my house. They were a great soap.
It REALLY is. I'm (obviously, lol) not a snob when it comes to soaps. I just want comfortable, and a smell to it. The one you gave me my lovely bride happens to like the smell of!

FarmerTan

So, I shaved yesterday, because I looked so bad even getting anthrax on my face couldn't get me any uglier. Musta had 5 days of growth on my (usually) incredibly handsome face, dog gone!

I finally got tired of having to follow those hard rules from Mr @Grundi and his free blades, so I decided it was time to try and kill that GSB with it's astonishing FIFTIETH shave!!!!

Well, seems you can't kill those blades with proper facial prep (have I mentioned that I have an INCREDIBLY handsome face?), and I held a wet wash rag on my lower face for a good 2 minutes. Which means I could only stare at the top half of my incredibly handsome face. Sometimes life is hard, gents!

As promised, I finally used the generous sample given me of that "Gilded Hand" soap from @Chandu ! It was only it's second use. He tells me it's only 10 bucks, but with friends like him, why would I pay for it, lol.

Anyway, if'n you ain't never tried it, it's worth every penny I didn't pay for it. If "Artisans" sold it they'd be able to find suckers standing in line to pay 3 or 2 times that much. Seriously.

This time I used it with the brush I ain't rinsed yet that @shavefan gave me. It ain't his fault that I don't rinse it, I just got tired of all the hair falling out of that Marvy. No idea what's growing in either of those brushes, but I sure have not noticed my face sliding off my skull. I may have used some stuff in a tube from @Space_Cadet the last time it was used and not rinsed, just can't remember. Also: I took that puck from Chandu and just rubbed it on my face. Wet the tips of the boar bristles and BAM! lather explosion!

Mowed down the incredibly handsome facial hairs with no problem with the GSB loaded in my new favorite razor: it's a work of art, if'n my name was art instead of Dave: the handle is reported to be a worthless one, gifted me by @L.A. Jones , an old Fat Handle from a Tech, and the head was given to me by @Tanuki : a NEW long comb. It really is an incredible combo for my incredibly handsome face!

Two passes and it now about 36 hours and I have what amounts to a close comfortable shave STILL. I'll see if I can get a picture to post:
IMG_20200704_233533877~2.jpg
Stay tuned folks! I think tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of this thread, so I'll HAVE to shave so I can post something!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
(have I mentioned that I have an INCREDIBLY handsome face?)
No need. The folks at the US Naval Observatory in charge of the atomic clock noticed. After your shave the women of the world all moved a step or two closer to your location, thus shifting so much mass on the earth's surface the planet's rotation took a hit of wow and flutter just like a turntable back in the day. They are seeing if we are going to have to add second or remove one next New Years.

I’ve shaved my entire body with one single stroke of my OC crooked FaTip loaded with a Rapira Chrome. I used half a stick of LaToja and just threw the other half away.

FarmerTan

No need. The folks at the US Naval Observatory in charge of the atomic clock noticed. After your shave the women of the world all moved a step or two closer to your location, thus shifting so much mass on the earth's surface the planet's rotation took a hit of wow and flutter just like a turntable back in the day. They are seeing if we are going to have to add second or remove one next New Years.
I THOUGHT I felt something!

FarmerTan

I've heard the Farmer's scarf was apricot in color.
I look a LOT like Warren Beatty, BABY! And I was a Cosmetologist!

My werd! When I do write that book I'll have to keep all my "Hair Show" exploits for the sequel!

ALWAYS leave the audience wanting more, lol.

Think I'll use a "Battle Brothers" blade today!

Top Bottom